Project Soloist - Day Three

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Soloist - Day Three

Well, there wasn't much to do today As previously recommended, I'm giving the primer a good 24 hours to dry, then will sand the finish smooth. The finish is still very slightly tacky. I hope to start the base coat tomorrow morning. Here are a couple of pics. of the guitar in it's present state....

I was hanging on that hook with my full body weight and it didn't budge, so the guitar should be safe...

Back side....

Got the Megadeth poster in the shot for the fans here

I dig the primer grey muscle car look. Throw on some aged nickel hardware and that would be prett cool.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Edit:

I just read your "day two" thread.

You should keep all the steps in one thread. That would make it easier to keep up with.
      Now about the primer, I hate to tell you this, but using that spray can primer will not hide the bondo areas for any length of time. After you get it painted they will start showing up, and you'll be pissed. You should sand the primer (at least on the top) with 320, then get a can of Evercoat glazing putty, and spread a thin layer over the whole top. Then you can block sand that flat, prime it again, and you'll probably be ok. I'd still let the primer you have on there sit for at least two more weeks (and that's being very conservative) before doing anything else.
      Last edited by mm2002; 06-18-2006, 10:20 AM.
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Both the project and the Megadeth poster rullz!
        Check my bands!
        www.myspace.com/magicktr
        www.myspace.com/sinif64
        www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Working...
        X