Kelly Pro Project PICS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly Pro Project PICS

I was watching as Crusher progresses through his Solioist project and thought I'd update everyone on my neck thru Kelly Pro project. Buddy, the dude that painted my bike, had a clear schedule for the next couple weeks and decided to take on this project.

Here is Buddy busy away sanding the body and getting those bevels nice and sharp. These were taken yesterday.

Here it is, taped up and hanging ready to be primed. In a couple of the pics you may see where he drilled and doweled the strap button holes. Both holes had the screw busted off in them and were mangled.(that's the way I got it)

He is starting to prime it as I type this. He is working in my neighbor's garage accross the street. (my neighbor is married to Buddy's sis)
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Stuka, what's the flash light for? He looks like someone from Forensic Detectives looking for blood stains

Seriously, i love DIY threads with pics, thanks for sharing!

What's with the filled jack hole?
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1
      Stuka, what's the flash light for? He looks like someone from Forensic Detectives looking for blood stains
      He was using the light to ensure the lines on the bevels were crisp and that the top and back were flat as possible. Remember this guitar was stripped of paint and partially sanded when I got it.

What's with the filled jack hole?
      It is not filled. My poor photo skillz make it appear that way. There is white paint still in the jack hole making it look plugged.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Just when it was all going so well, it looks like a delay of game. I just got back from there and Buddy was fussing around with his primer gun. A valve in it took a dump, apparently.

He is in the process now of pulling everything out from accross the street and heading up to NY to his girl's place where all the rest of his stuff is. Progress pics may not come as fast and furious as I thought.
        Scott

Comment

Like how nicely you got the bevels sanded. Gonna look nice when it is done.

-Nate
          Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

D'OH on the valve!
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Cant wait to see how it comes out! As for the strap buttons, I didnt even notice, as I wasnt told about them either.

Now would have been a great time to scallop that neck heel!
              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Cool! Can't wait to see the completed guitar.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Alrighty folks. Buddy is back in town. Here are a couple pics just after the guitar was primed.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR

Now would have been a great time to scallop that neck heel!
                    I like the Kelly neck heel just fine, Rob. Besides, Buddy is really a car guy(used to restore Corvairs), I don't think he would have been thrilled with trying to scallop the heel.
                    Scott

Comment

Scott

Comment

Mmmm, looks creamy.
                        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Nice! Just throw a clear coat on it now and be done with it.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
                            Nice! Just throw a clear coat on it now and be done with it.
                            Yeah, right? Somehow, I think it may look better going by my original idea.

Mmmm, looks creamy.
                            Yes it does. Most primer I have used is gray, but this is like an off-white or bone color.

I noticed, after taking the pics, that he didn't tape off the truss rod area. I talked to him and he will tape it off for the color and clear coats.
                            Scott

Comment

oooooohhhh...such a blank canvas......can I come over and draw on it??????

Looks great so far, and yeah, get that truss rod nut area cleaned up!!
                              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
                              X