Jackson Logo help need...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Logo help need...

The neck thru Kelly Pro I bought from RobRR is being refinished. If you remember, it was totally stripped, including the headstock face.

The guy painting the guitar said he can hand letter it. He painted my Vmax and did a good job, but there was no lettering involved. If the logo comes out like ass, it will ruin the whole look I am going for.

The logos they sell once in a while on ebay are crap. Add to that, I'd really like an orange fullsize Jackson logo.

So what are my options here? If anyone has any ideas or can offer help, you can pm me if you'd like to keep it hush hush, although the guitar IS a real Jackson, not some knock off.

Thanks in advance.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

http://www.best-decals.com/index.php...&cPath=2_19_16
    -Rick

Comment

PM'ed ya'
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I second the best-decals.com ones... great logos, and just about any color your want. They arent 100% percect though... close, but if your EXTREMELY EXTREMELY picky, then you might want to look elsewhere.

So what did you decide to go color scheme wise? Cant wait to see it!
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Dude, thanks. Just ordered a orange and a white (just in case the orange is way off.

Rob, I have decided to have it painted metallic Harley Orange with gloss black bevels. Same colors as my bike, only because I dig the color combo.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87
            Dude, thanks. Just ordered a orange and a white (just in case the orange is way off.

Rob, I have decided to have it painted metallic Harley Orange with gloss black bevels. Same colors as my bike, only because I dig the color combo.
            NP...
            I've used their stuff before and they are not bad at all.
            They're not 100% perfect, but I think that is for legal reasons.
            More like 99.5%

Here's a pic of a guitar I used one on. (sorry for the quality, camera phone pic)

-Rick

Comment

Looks fine to me.
              Scott

Comment

Aw man, thats gonna look friggin awesome! I think we shall name it, "The cream-sicle Kelly"!!
                Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR
                  I think we shall name it, "The cream-sicle Kelly"!!
                  Here is my bike this guy painted. I love orange and black together.
                  Scott

Comment

Sweet... nice ride!
                    -Rick

Comment

ministry said it first..... "everyday is halloween!"

Cool bike- I like crotch rockets myself, but that is still cool- and beats the crap outta some pos hd....

Comment

Contact Ebay seller eacodesigns. He made me Jackson stencils that you can use to paint the logo any color you want. That way the painter can EXACTLY match it to the body color. The stencils are great. I used one on the yellow/green flame axe.

edit: BTW, the Vmax is killer. I've had two of them and they are the best bike ever built in my opinion.
                        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002
                          edit: BTW, the Vmax is killer. I've had two of them and they are the best bike ever built in my opinion.
                          Styling's a little funky, but ya can't argue with that motor!
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002
                            Contact Ebay seller eacodesigns. He made me Jackson stencils that you can use to paint the logo any color you want. That way the painter can EXACTLY match it to the body color.
                            I sent him an email. Thanks for the heads up.

Thank you all for the compliments on the bike.
                            Scott

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                              Styling's a little funky, but ya can't argue with that motor!

I will say this much.......if you're not an extremely experienced rider don't get on a Vmax. The only bike I've owned that was quicker than either of my Vmaxes was a 1979 KZ1000, and it had LOTS of mods. The Vmax is a fucking torque monster. I remember when the sales of them was basically ended in Oklahoma because you couldn't get insurance on one. No joke.
                              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                              X