Stew-Mac Strat® Necks - Any Good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stew-Mac Strat® Necks - Any Good?

I'm thinking of a project and saw these necks for a damn good price---> http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bodies,_...s.html#details

The description says "The 10.5mm-diameter pegholes fit 10mm tuners" and my questions are:

1.) will my Jackson Gotoh tuners from my KVX10 fit in those holes, or will I have to bore them out a bit? I have no idea what size they are.

2.) are these necks any good? Any horror stories out there?
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Those are mighty mite necks. I put one on my strat clone and its fine. I got it used off ebay. I dont think it was ever used though. My gotoh style tuners went right in but its possible that someone before me modded it but I doubt it. Mine had the vintage sized frets and rosewood board. I dont really like the 12th fret markers being so far apart and small looking. It looks better on the maple boarded ones. For that price you might be able to score a mim fender neck off ebay. I think theres a guy selling that MM neck for like $79 on ebay. I dont know what the story is behind the ones sold on ebay though, 1st quality, 2nds, blems, I dont know, its ebay after all. Check item # 7422161791 for a nice fender neck at a decent price. They ship to Canada too.
    Last edited by Carbuff; 06-12-2006, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Thanks, I'll look into that. I am a bit wary of ebay too, but that's why they have feedback ratings, eh?

I was not aware that those were mighty mite. Ya learn somethin' new every day!
      THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Yeah, you can see the mighty mite logo burned into the heel in the pics on stew-mac. I would like to try one of those MM necks that has the jumbo frets and is cut for a floyd. That might make a cheap charvel clone project neck.

Comment

Working...
        X