Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Help for a Soloist

I'm wiring up an old soloist for a buddy of mine and it's kicking my a$$

H/S/S, passive duncans, with a volume and 3 mini-toggles. If anyone can connect the dots for me that would be awesome.

Thanks,

Try

http://guitarelectronics.com/category/wiringresources/

Sorry I can't be of more help, I gotta go to bed!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

ooops.......
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Still need help here...thanks all

Comment

I just got a SD pointy with the HSS & 3 mini-switch setup & here's how it's wired:

jack tip wired to center lug of volume pot

jack sleeve wired to ground

top lug of volume pot & body of pot wired to ground

center lugs of each mini-toggle wired together in series, then to bottom lug of volume pot

hot lead of each pickup wired to top lug of its mini-toggle (black wire for Duncan hum, white wires for singles)

body of each mini-toggle wired to ground (if you have a brass shield plate and the bodies contact it, not necessary. On my Model 6 without the brass plate, there is a ground wire to the body of each switch)

for the Duncan hum, white & red soldered together & taped or shrink-wrapped, green & bare leads wired to ground

for the singles, black leads wired to ground

Trem claw (Kahler baseplate in my case) wired to ground

Hope this helps rather than causes confusion!

Comment

One thing I forgot to mention wrt to the mini-switches: The directions I gave are for SPDT (single-pole) switches (3 lugs) and sometimes they'll use DPDT (double-pole) switches (6 lugs, 2 rows of 3) which allow for coil splitting, etc. If you happen to have the DPDT switches and just want simple on-off wiring, run the hot lead to the top left lug of the switch and the ground wire across both center lugs of each switch.

Comment

Working...
            X