Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whammy bar replacement question

hello
    I got a replacement base plate for the my Schaller Floyd in my '92 Jackson Fusion XL because the intonation screw holes had stripped. I now have a question about what whammy bar setup to put in the new base plate. At the bottom of this post I'll put pictures of the old plate and then the new. The old one had a push in setup to attach it to the base; the new one has threads in the base. When I look at OFR replacement bar's ( not just the bar, I'm refering to the entire setup) I don't see any threads on them. So which bar do I get?

Also, you'll see in the picks the saddles are a bit worn paint wise. Half of them also have the string blocks stuck forward (they won't slide back in the space) so that you have to pry the top back and jam the string end in as far as it will go then tighten the block. It's not ideal to say the least. Anyone encouunter this and know how to fix it? I really like this guitar so I have to decide whether it's worth the price of the new whammy, three saddles, and intonation screws (some of them have the heads almost stripped) or simply replace the bridge.

If I do replace the bridge with an OFR, will it fit the route with the saddle block screws that come with it? Will a Floyd Rose Pro fit?

Thanks for any info.
    Karl

Allparts part # BP1000-003 would be the trem bar kit you need. If you're going to replace the whole trem, I'd go with a Schaller rather than an OFR due to the route.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
    X