DIY Shark Fins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Shark Fins?

I want to put shark fin inlays on my JS30Rhoads, with a minimum of fuss.
    What sort of methods are available to do this conversion? (Bear in mind I'm no luthier - just an average hack..)

I saw mention on this board once of a sticker-type conversion, and wonder how effective that was.

I believe sharpies have been thorougly discussed recently ...

-a

Comment

Its alot easier to just get a new neck... theres really no economical way to put sharkies on a neck that doesent have them. Pick up a 24 fret neck (remember, JS30's are 24 fret, not 22 like every other rhoads) off of eBay. Or if you like, Ive got one for sale here: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...hlight=jackson
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by HoWheels
        I believe sharpies have been thorougly discussed recently ...

-a
        I searched for the thread but couldn't find.. Can you show me where?

Comment

I'm pretty sure he's jokingly referring to this thread.

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55468
          Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Originally posted by THETRIUMPHOFSTEEL
            I saw mention on this board once of a sticker-type conversion, and wonder how effective that was.
            I know Newc has experimented with this,maybe PM him.

I also found this in the archives:

why not make your own sticker? you can buy vinyl sticker craft paper at walmart for a few dollars and with your p.c. find and print what you want then trim and stick. as said earlier vinyl comes off with a hair dryer so if you want to change the graphic its as simple as printing out another design and slappin it on. i have used this method on everything from guitars to $32,000 custom harleys cause the owners decide to apply a new look and dont want to pay for major expensive custom paint.
            also if you decide you like it then you can clear over it with a high-build clear and cant feel the sticker or even tell it is a sticker( this is done alot with custom pinstripe and flames painted on bikes).
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
            X