Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need your truss rod help/expertise, please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need your truss rod help/expertise, please.

hey there,

i keep noticing that my Gunslinger has quite the high action, and even though i lowered the action by the bridge, in the middle of the neck, i see its really high. So by reading a bunch of old posts, i figured the neck is bowed a little, so i need to adjust the truss rod.

thing is, the truss rod has this weird cylindrical (sic) thing sticking out of it, that makes it impossible to adjust, because the little cylindrical object is in the way and sticks out?!

http://public.fotki.com/TheInFamousB.../what_the_eff/

any ideas what it is, or how to fix it?

any ideas at all would be Greatly appreciated!

thanks!

It may be a cap. Try and pull it off to see a hex nut. Sounds like a fake bullet. If I am wrong, I don't care.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

yeah, i wanted to pull it out, but with my luck, i'll probably break something, and i figured breaking something off the truss-rod would be a big pain in the ass.

eh. i care too much,

Comment

It may unscrew for all I know. If you are certain that you can't reach it from the top, the only thing left is the bottom. AKA Fender.

Comment

yeah, it looks for certain at the top, i just can't stick anything to work the truss because the damn cylinder-thing is in the way. it ain't a bullet-type though. i don't know what it is.

Comment

It looks like the type of truss-rod you need an over-the-nut type wrench to adjust.

-a

Comment

yeah, that certainly looks wide enough. unfortunately i have nothing like that, that's small enough to work for this.

do any of you guys know where to get one of those?

and that little thing sticking out of the truss rod isn't anything worth worrying about?

Comment

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Truss_ro...rench_Set.html

Any guitar store should carry these.

The part sticking out of the truss rod is likely part of the truss rod itself.

-a

Comment

ha. thanks! good thing i didn't try harder to pull it out, .

ahh. those are discontinued, hmmm.

and i'm assuming those two sizes are universal for all trusses?

Comment

Now that you figured out what wrench to use, go ahead on and adjust. "You'll be bach" :ROTF: I can hardly wait until I fuk with the truss.

Comment

Working...
                    X