Volume pot placement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume pot placement.

I am about to mess with a very cool bod. It's a single hum route and floyded. The holes are now vol, tog, tone. I want it to be just vol. I'm thinking of using the tog hole for the vol. If you had a choice, where would you place the pot?
    I am a true ass set to this board.

For me, as close to the strings as possible on a strat style. I think the placement on my Strat and my Fusion are perfect and the placement on my Model 4 is too far away.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Fett, I did just that on my Model 1. The previous owner routed for a neck pickup and a toggle. I filled the original volume hole with bondo and I used the toggle hole for my volume pot. See my post in the Import Charvel forum.

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55655

Alvin
      MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Let me know how you like it. I have lots of time. Thanks.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I like the volume knob a little farther away from the strings than the standard J/C placement. But that's just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by 1trussell
            I like the volume knob a little farther away from the strings than the standard J/C placement. But that's just my opinion.
            +1. I hate it when it gets in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane
              +1. I hate it when it gets in the way.
              Same here, I prefer Model 4 volume knob placement vs Model 2.
              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Working...
              X