Tuner help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuner help

I have 6 in-line locking tuners that I am installing on a strat head neck. The tuner heights are different - 3 shorter and 3 longer posts. In what order are they to be installed? Thanks for the help.

Alvin
    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

I am pretty sure the wound strings get the longer posts.

Are they fender logoed schaller lockign tuners?
    I remember that dilema about 8 years ago.

Comment

Wilkinson locking tuners. E, A, and D get the longer posts and G, B, and high E get the shorter posts to eliminate the need for a string tree, right?

Alvin

MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson
        Wilkinson locking tuners. E, A, and D get the longer posts and G, B, and high E get the shorter posts to eliminate the need for a string tree, right?

Alvin
        Yes, depending on how much of a tilt your headstock has. My Fender has the staggered Schaller tuners (E and A are higher than D, G, B and E) but still use one string tree for the E and B string.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yep.

Comment

Thanks fellas. Almost done and will post pics soon!

Alvin

Comment

Working...
            X