Anyone use 10-52's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use 10-52's

I bought a dozen sets. $2.50 each. They sound kinda cool. I'll tell you this: If you want to toughen up your fingers, use these. Ouch.:ROTF:
    I am a true ass set to this board.

No, but I have a few sets of 11-54's. And yeah, I need to drop-tune to D to even be able to overcome inertia with my pick

-a

Comment

Yea, that's what I use on my Jake E. Lee guitars, all except the SG Junior. That was Jake's prefered gauge.
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

i use 10-52's on most of my 25.5" scale guitars. 11's on short scale. its harder to get pinch harmonics from the low E, A sometimes with 10-52's . ide like to find 10-49's

Comment

Originally posted by j2379
          i use 10-52's on most of my 25.5" scale guitars.
          Me too, but I usually have it tuned down to D or C#, sometimes Eb.
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

10-52s are all I use. Well, I did just put some 10-46s on a couple of guitars to try out, but the rest all have 10-52s.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Yeah, I use them on one guitar... It's tuned down to drop C#. All of my other guitars are 9s.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I used to use 10-52 for standard tuning, but I went down to 10-46, and I think I've found my ideal set right there. I'm still trying out guages for D standard though. Tried 11-48, and that was a notch too loose.

Comment

not sure. I have 10s on a couple of guitars, but I'm not sure what gauge the lower strings are. Could be 10-52s, could be 10-46s (or anything in between)
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by j2379
                    ide like to find 10-49's
                    A few years ago I suggested that D'Addario make that set available. I can't remember what guitar or what tuning I was using at the time, but that was a great set of strings for the particular application. I just bought a pack of 11-49's and 10-46s and combined the two packs for a set of 10, 13, 17p, 28, 38, 49. Or you can buy the pack of 11's and buy the plain strings separately. Either way it's a pain, but at least you get the gauges you want. I ordered mostly from juststrings.com.

Comment

YES I use those on fixed bridge setups, I use 9-42 for tremolo setups.......

Comment

Until recently, I used 10-52's on every guitar I owned (tuned 440 too).
                        I now use the Boomer 10 1/2's (Basically 10.5-48) on some guitars, and 9-42's on others. Nice selection of tones for different playing styles and pups. If every guitar were set up the same why would you need more than one?
                        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I use that gauge on one guitar..I like the boomers custom light more tho...009-.048 for most everything else. Strings are fast becoming like gas-overpriced.

Comment

I would use 10-52 if I tuned up to F# / G or so

Comment

I use that gauge on my studyguitar because my fingers are used to it and the lighter gauge on my gigguitars (actually not lighter, they're much heavier but they are downtuned so the tension is less on each string) let me play more certain and easy. So I train my self by working harder on one guitar during the week and I rehearse and gig with my band on easy guitars.

Comment

Working...
                              X