JT-6 to Floyd Swap Frustration!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT-6 to Floyd Swap Frustration!!!

I am in the process of swapping out a couple of JT-6's to OFR's.

I had tried this previously with a 42mm OFR sustain block, and the springs kept on popping out of the sustain block. So this time I got a couple of 37mm sustain blocks, but the SPRINGS KEEP ON POPPING OUT!!!

Some info:

The sustain block on the JT-6 is 42mm.
    I am using the springs that came with the JT-6.
    I noticed that the spring holes in the bottom of the JT-6 sustain block are a little slanted with respect to the vertical, which may have kept the springs in place.

I know that many of you have done this swap. Please help!!!

QR

EDIT: I will be in the chat room, if anyone can give me some advice in real-time...
    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

I sometimes put an ever so slight bend in the end of the spring to keep it from popping out.

Comment

Lex-

Bend the "hook" portion of the spring which way? so that it points toward the coil? or away?

Thanks in advance!

QR
      Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

All sustain blocks should have the spring holes at an angle. First you should check to make sure you don't have the block installed backwards.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Thanks zeeg...

It turns out that I was just being a big bonehead. I flipped the block around, and was able to finish putting my "Jack Butler Charvel" together.

Will intonate the Floyd tomorrow.

Comment

That's great news man. Glad I could help.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

"Oh, Jack Butler's gonna love you."

hehe
              I'm not Ron!

Comment

So now the pink body gets the rosewood boarded neck, eh? She won't be pleased and i bet there will much jealousy and moaning in your guitar camp tonight while you sleep
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Seen you switched the neck any difference in sound? It looks Great!! Hows the floyd orig. ?? Is it better??, the JT-6 is pretty good though. Mine is stock except I put a tone control inside the cavity, I like to turn down the highs to only 1/4 on tone control. Even though I'm thinking of putting a Dimarzio super 3, to bring out some more grind. Same color too!!
                  Last edited by SGplayer; 06-05-2006, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Ahhhh...Model 2's and 3's rule!

Those look real slick with the maple necks!

Comment

Zeeg-

Thanks again

RacerX2k-

"Who's gonna get their head cut? You, chicken boy?"

jackson1-

I put the rosewood boarded neck on the pink guitar, I'm not sure if I like how it looks, though...

SGplayer-

The problem that I have with the JT-6 is that the allen wrench holes in the string locking screws strip very easily. I don't know whether I can still buy the screws by themselves where I live, and I figured that replacement parts for Floyds would be much easier to get my hands on, if necessary.

Razor-

Thanks!

Comment

The problem that I have with the JT-6 is that the allen wrench holes in the string locking screws strip very easily. I don't know whether I can still buy the screws by themselves where I live, and I figured that replacement parts for Floyds would be much easier to get my hands on, if necessary.
                        QuantumRider, our very own budman68 stocks the string lock screws. I had to get one from him for my Model 2 a month or so ago.

Here's his website http://www.fretsonthenet.net

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider

RacerX2k-

"Who's gonna get their head cut? You, chicken boy?"
                          LOL. Only part in that movie worth watching. Fortunately, I have it on DVD, so I can go right to the good part. I always shudder, when Jack drops that axe, though, man. OUCH!
                          I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by Razor
                            Those look real slick with the maple necks!
                            All the Model series had maple necks. Those just happen to have maple BOARDS.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 09-20-2007, 12:47 AM.
                              Just a guitar player...

Comment

Working...
                              X