Seymour Duncan "12BJ"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan "12BJ"

Hey, I got a guitar recently with one of these in it.

It looks like a Screamin Demon, but the only markings it has is "Seymour Duncan, Made in USA" on the backplate and a sticker marked "12BJ"

It does NOT say "Seymour Duncan" on the front of it, like the current Seymour Duncan Screamin Demons, and it doesn't have the same model number as the current Screamin Demon, which is "SH-12"

I dont know anything about Seymour Duncan pickups, I'm an loyal DiMarzio guy.

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this, maybe tell me how old it is, and how it would compare to a DiMarzio PAF Pro as far as power is concerned. (I have a guitar that needs new pickups, and a DiMarzio PAF pro lying around. I need to know which is hotter so I can put it in the bridge)

Thanks!

The Seymour Duncan website is always a good resource for these kind of things
    http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/labels.shtml

Comment

It's a Screamin Demon wound by MJ. She is Seymour's prodigy and does most if not all of the custom shop pickups.

Comment

I thought you could easily take off the Duncan name with a Q tip and nail polish remover?
        Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Ok, cool. I didn't see that page on the website.

Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by jim777
            I thought you could easily take off the Duncan name with a Q tip and nail polish remover?
            Brasso or toothpaste work wonders as well

Comment

you know it is odd but all the duncans i heard that she(MJ) wound sound the best?
              the newer ones are cold and very unpleasent?
              If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Working...
              X