Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pickups that enhance pinch harmonics........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickups that enhance pinch harmonics........

Hey guys,any of you notice a difference in getting pinch harmonics with different pu combos?Have you found any that make them easier than others? I seem to make them jump with the EMG,but how about a passive pu?Just curious to what you guys have found,likes and dislikes.Discuss!.........
    Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

I've got a duncan distortion and I get the same easy pinch harmonics with that as I do with the emg's I had.

Comment

Dimebucker or Lawrence 500XL. EMG-HZ's get em too.

Comment

Yes, EMG's do it well. I found a Dimarzio Super 3 to work for a passive pickup
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

My DiMarzio Evolution gets 'em about as well as my EMGs.

Comment

Try the Kent Armstrong Motherbucker.. you wont be dissapointed if you set it just the right way.

Comment

Bareknuckle Miracle Man

Originally posted by Reverend Timmy
              Hey guys,any of you notice a difference in getting pinch harmonics with different pu combos?Have you found any that make them easier than others? I seem to make them jump with the EMG,but how about a passive pu?Just curious to what you guys have found,likes and dislikes.Discuss!.........
              "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

I have Duncan Designed pups and EMG-HZ's, and I can only get a decent pinched harmonic when switched to bridge pup mode on either guitar.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

+1 Dimarzio Evolution.

Comment

+2 Dimarzio Evolution.

Comment

In my experience it's more about gain than pickups. More crunch, more squeal!
                      I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Screamin demon.
                        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Any pickup will work, it's more a technique then equipment.

Comment

Well, no, it's equipment, too. It helps to have high gain, as well as the right EQ. If it's too dark sounding, it seems harder, and easier with a tone that has a crispy top end. If you have weak pickups, it tends to be a bit more difficult, too.
                            I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by levantin
                              In my experience it's more about gain than pickups. More crunch, more squeal!
                              +1. More gain makes the harmonics jump out.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X