Guitar Project Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Project Questions

I want to build a guitar, but I'm kind of stuck right now on the setup. I want to put my EMG-hz's, that I replaced with an 85 and 81 in my DKMG, in a body and have a stoptail. I was thinking about buying a neck from warmoth and getting a strat body. Also, if i could take out one of the tone knobs in my setup, so it would just be volume and the tone/turger charger. That way i could just go for an RG body and have an Ibanez neck like i realy want. I'm just looking for something easy that i could put together by myself without any really hard work, i.e. drilling holes and shit like that. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...
    Last edited by Miss_EpYoN; 05-30-2006, 08:41 PM.

if you want to make something out of ibanez parts, i'd say that your best bet to find those kinda things would be ebay.
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Also note that Warmoth doesn't offer a neck that will fit an RG body to my knowledge.
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Yes, I knew all that already, but what I really want to know is if I can take out one of the tone knobs in the EMG-Hz setup that somes with the DKMG's. I want just the volume and the tone/turbocharger, if it's possible so I can put it in an RG body.

Comment

Warmoth "Pro" necks will not work on an AANJ heel due to the location of their truss rod side adjustment. If you need a body... even RG style let me know. I'm building those now as well as the other ones listed.

Comment

Here's the wiring diagrams for the EMG HZ's from the emg website. Maybe this will answer your question:

http://www.emgpickups.com/downloads/.../EMG-H1-H4.pdf

Comment

Yes I knew all of that already. I just want to know if I can take out one of the tone knobs in my EMG Hz setup that comes with the DKMG. Make it so it's just the volume and the tone/ turbo charger knobs.

Comment

Removing the tone control is easy, just clip the wires and remove it.
                Does THAT answer your question????
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Haha, yes. I didn't mean to post that twice!! I checked the other day and my post wasn't there. I thought it didn't post it so I did it again, and when i checked it had both posts, bah. My bad...

Comment

You can use anyones wiring schematics, just pay attention to difference in color codes between pickup brands.....

The setup you want, is easy- look at duncans wiring schematics as well.

BTW, I have a guitar with HZ's with one vol, one tone and 3 way switch.... you just need to add the turbo into the schematic.

As for *simple* guitar assembly, either buy a kit, or get neck/body from warmoth with the options you want.

Comment

Sweet, can you show me a pic of your wiring? I can just substitute the turbo charger for your tone. I'd be forever thankful...

Comment

http://216.26.190.134/downloads/wiri.../EMG-H1-H4.pdf

This is the page with the schematic I used- at the top shows the wire color codes, and about the 3-4 diagram shows 1 vol 1 tone with switch. I think it would help a lot more than an actual pic of my "spaghetti wires", but if you'd like, I try and hunt down the camera...

Comment

Working...
                        X