Replace baseplate or entire trem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replace baseplate or entire trem?

I know it's easier to replace an entire tremolo but can be costly (over here it can be). I don't have issues tuning my DX10DFS but the baseplate is bent at the front left post and the trem is higher on one side than the other. It's obviously been adjusted by a non-pro and I'm paranoid. Could I get away with just replacing the baseplate (in which case, are we talking peanuts or megabucks?) or is the entire JT580 fucked? A complete OFR will set me back 200 GPB plus fitting. I would like to keep the cost to a minimum. If on the off-chance I was able to buy a brand new JT580LP (or even a JT590), how much could I expect to pay?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Check out Evilbay. I see them, on there, all the time. Can't be too much, I suppose.
    I'm not Ron!

Comment

Is that a low pro JT -580?
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The guitar is potentially 2004 but I don't know if that says anything about which JT580 it is.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Evilbay: £150 for an OFR, unused. BIN only. I'll wait a bit for that one.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Is it black or chrome?

Here, in chrome: http://cgi.ebay.com/JACKSON-TREMOLO-...QQcmdZViewItem
            I'm not Ron!

Comment

Chrome but with some black parts. Boxed. I quite like Jackson's idea of having black hardware on solid colours and chrome on trans finishes, so Chrome would suit my DX10DFS.
              Last edited by wilkinsi; 05-28-2006, 11:05 AM.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

How about a Pic of the trem you have that way we can know for sure.I do have several low pro lisc trems maybe I have something that would work for you.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

will do tonight. oh, the OFR i saw on ebay comes with an r4 nut?! d'oh!
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Get an ofr from ebay. End off worries.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi
                      will do tonight. oh, the OFR i saw on ebay comes with an r4 nut?! d'oh!
                      So what. You aren't using the nut, just the trem. Use the original nut, already on.
                      I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by straycat
                        How about a Pic of the trem you have that way we can know for sure.I do have several low pro lisc trems maybe I have something that would work for you.

sorry for the shit pix but it is a camera phone...
                        Last edited by wilkinsi; 05-29-2006, 08:38 PM.
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

are you sure it's bent ?

to me it looks like the violin side would just have the trem posts higher than the bass side - can be adjusted easily by just setting it up :o

Comment

unfortunately, the light caught the bent part on the baseplate at the front of the post. but if a setup will cure it, i'm happy.
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
                            X