Floyd Repair Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Repair Question.

Ok... So, I bought a Jackson Soloist that appeared to have a post sleave that was backed out a little. I didn't notice it when I picked up the guitar. But, when I got home, started adjusting the action. I noticed it was backed out about 1/2 inch. So, what I did to repair it was to just remove the floyd and carefully knock the sleave back in with a blunt end of a screwdriver. Everything seems fine now. But, I was curious if this was ok to do or is there something else that I should be doing along with resetting the position of the sleave?

-Nate
    Insert annoying equipment list here....

I usually completley remove the sleve, put a few drops of wood glue in there, and put it back in, havent had a problem since. Not gluing it in, it will probably walk back out eventually.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR
      I usually completley remove the sleve, put a few drops of wood glue in there, and put it back in, havent had a problem since. Not gluing it in, it will probably walk back out eventually.
      Cool, I am pretty much dont use it. So, it sounds like it will hold until I do the next string change at least.

-Naet
      Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Yikes! How old is the Soloist? Those suckers are usually pressed in pretty tight. I have broken mechanical pullers getting those out. If I'm understanding you correctly these are the stud inserts that go into the body correct?
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65
          I have broken mechanical pullers getting those out.

What???
          I've never come across any that wouldn't pull fairly easily. What are these "mechanical pullers" you speak of? Got pics?
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Yeah, they normally come out pretty easy for me too. They shouldn't be in too tight.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

+1
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002
                What???
                I've never come across any that wouldn't pull fairly easily. What are these "mechanical pullers" you speak of? Got pics?
                Yeah, really. Wow, busting a puller on an insert? What was it fashioned out of? Tin foil?
                I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
                X