What pickup in Charvel Reissue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What pickup in Charvel Reissue?

Does anyone know what model DiMarzio was in the Charvel Reissues awhile back? (The ones with the rounded headstocks) A buddy of mine has a Reissue III I think (one hum, 2 singles) and it sounds remarkably good. We pulled the bridge pickup out and all it says is "DiMarzio".
    Anyone happen to know which Dimarzio it is?

Not sure about that specific model, but IIRC a lot of the reissues used Super3s.

Comment

I think it might have been the Tone Zone...ask KMaynard.

Comment

Tone Zone in the bridge with a Fast Track 1 in the middle and The Chopper in the neck.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I believe Boxcar & Toejam are correct. The more I think about it, it may have been the two-hum models that used Super 3 bridge PUs.

Comment

It has a double line of allen screws, and it's black, so it doesn't particularly look like Tone Zone.

Comment

Originally posted by Subvamp
              It has a double line of allen screws, and it's black, so it doesn't particularly look like Tone Zone.
              Hmm, that's weird. If it's double allen screws, then it sounds like the Super Distortion series... Super D, Super 2, Super 3.
              Shreddermon may be correct, as I think the two humbucker models had a Super 3 in the bridge, but I didn't think they used that in any of the H/S/S models.

Comment

My San Dimas 3 reissue has what I BELIEVE to be the Tone Zone in the bridge, then Fast Track and Chopper.

And this happens to be my best sounding guitar too!

-a

Comment

Tony, previously you asked me about my SD Series Standard and its pickups... here's the facts i can provide and some notes:

San Dimas Series Standard 1995
                  Bridge: don't know. F-spaced J 103, DC resistance: 9.13 K, a Virtual Hot Paf measures the same (9.13K) but it's made in 2004!? What is it? Someone chime in, please. Here's a couple of pics:

Middle and neck: DiMarzio "Vintage", marked "M1" and "N1", non-staggered flat poles, DC: 7.62K. What is it? Heck, i don't know. Here's some pics:

The lower numbered SD Series had "DiMarzio Custom" pickups. Maybe John (jkmtmngmntguy"!¤"whatever!"¤?!) can answer what pups they were?
                  Henrik
                  AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1
                    San Dimas Series Standard 1995
                    Bridge: don't know. F-spaced J 103, DC resistance: 9.13 K
                    Well, a DiMarzio DP 103 is a PAF, but they're supposed to measure about 7.65k. Not sure if maybe this is another version just custom made for Jackson. The singles, I have no clue.

Comment

Same thing ran through my mind too: take a PAF and put some extra winding on and sell it to Jackson for this project....maybe a request from Jackson.
                      Henrik

Comment

Maybe that humbucker is what we know today as the Virtual Hot Paf... who knows... hey, DiMarzio knows! Someone call 'em on the phone!
                        Henrik

Comment

Working...
                        X