guitars shipped to europe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guitars shipped to europe?

European guys, i'd like to know if any of you already shipped something from the us to europe, and if you paid the import taxes or have found a good way to avoid them?? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Re: guitars shipped to europe?

Yep, I have. Twice. Chose not to avoid the taxes, although I'm sure it can be done. Maybe GregCrowe can chime in here. He knows.

All in all it was still way cheaper than buying a USA jackson overhere from a dealer, and that's including shipping.

Comment

Indeedy.
      I got my Warrior XT from a dealer in the states, and after paying postage and tax it came to about GBP400-450. That's including a hardcase.
      The guitar alone is that much to buy over here, with the case being a hell of a lot extra...

for your reference it's about US100 for shipping, 5% import duty and 17.5% VAT. Can be worth it if you find a bargin.
      Don't quote me though guys - this is just off the top of my head...

Comment

Nevla, that's pretty accurate I'd say. Shipping for each guitar I had shipped over was 200 USD though. May have something to do with UPS though.

Comment

I'm from Belgium and vat is 21% and all in all with the duties i would have to pay 33% more, + shipping. It makes a lot doesn't it..
          Desperately looking for the best solution!
          heeeeellllppp!! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I´ve said this before. If you don´t want to pay taxes and shipping, just get a plane-ticket to U.S and buy it in the store [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

You will still get a 50% lower total price for a US Jackson

Comment

I've had 2 guitars mailed (GMW and KV2) and brought 2 in myself (Model 6 and ESP(!)). You can get a lower value shipping invoice if the store will do it, but that can mean that your insurance value for the guitar is correspondingly low, so be careful if you're getting it shipped!
              Cheers
              Ian (in the UK)
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by Monk:
                I´ve said this before. If you don´t want to pay taxes and shipping, just get a plane-ticket to U.S and buy it in the store [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well if i ever get to play a gig in the states, that's the first thing i'll do when i get there!!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, hopefully Fender would change things to the better, who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Monk:
                    I´ve said this before. If you don´t want to pay taxes and shipping, just get a plane-ticket to U.S and buy it in the store

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">In the Netherlands if youre unlucky and they search trough your lugage they bust your ass and you have to pay taxes anyway [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Only use UPS as a last resort if you run into a size limitation. USPS will tend to run $90-$125 depending on location and insurance as opposed to $200-$275 with UPS.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                      X