Sound deterioration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound deterioration

If you leave your guitar plugged in with the Turbocharger DISENGAGED, does your battery still run flat or cause the signal to flutter and drop the output level of the guitar? I kept my DX10DFS plugged in without the FS (25db gain)engaged and not once did I encounter this problem. I then plug in the WRMG to the same GT-8. Signal becomes very weak and flutters like fuck. Changed cable - no change. Gave WRMG a good clean (static?), worked a little while, picked it up to play - fault returns. Changed battery and reverted back to same cable. Fault not yet re-occured. I know the electrics need sorting on my DX10DFS so I thought maybe I fucked up that way. My local retailer tells me that leaving a guitar plugged in for ages even with the gain boost disingaged STILL draws power. Is this bullshit? Because I've had my DX10DFS plugged in for ages without this hitch. So was it really the battery, or did the shoddy electrics in my DX10DFS cause the WRMG to short out or draw too much current? Sorry to sound a complete NEWB and yes, I AM
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Any kind of active electronics will drain your battery while the cable is plugged in. Unplug your cable when not playing.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

+1
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

+2
        Hear the universe scream
        Bleeding from black holes
        Whom horns careless
        And whom God mourns

Comment

+3

I always unplug mine when not in use, but for some reason the I left the one plugged that I use next to my PC. I was playing around with a new gadget I bought (fpr PC) and hit a loud high note and and everything suddenly went to static.

I thought I blew something up in there. But remembered I left that guitar plugged up and the battery probably just drained. So I switched guitars and the problem was solved.

Was kind of odd that battery died on that one note though.

It also sucks to sit and tweak sounds on a battery you don't realize is about to die. When you switch guitars or replace the batter you'll have plenty more tweaking to do!

So, even when you do unplug it it's a cool idea to keep an eye on the battery.
          Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Working...
          X