Guitars Tune Themselves in Case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitars Tune Themselves in Case?

My hardtail guitars if left in the case for several days actually tune up equally 1/2 a step! Strange? Anybody have this happen to them? I wonder if it is because the neck is being supported and the string tension pulls on the neck. I would think the opposite would happen.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

I've had Gibson's go up and down in tune over the seasons. Just changes in the humidity I guess. My guitars are always stored in case BTW.

Comment

Yea, that's funny because I notice this more with the Gibson's the most.
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Yeah, my fixed bridge guitars do this too.

Comment

The two LP's I pulled out last night were sharp. The go flat into winter (drier periods) and sharp in the humid spring.

Comment

My guitars are in my basement (it's finished), and they always go sharp. I always found that odd.

- E.
            Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

The mystery goes on. What Gremlins lurk in our cases!

Comment

Basement guitars go sharp. Attick guitars go flat. Closet guitars go drop-D. Everybody knows that.
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1
                  Basement guitars go sharp. Attick guitars go flat. Closet guitars go drop-D. Everybody knows that.
                  The Buzzard does not fear
                  The man in riot gear
                  Harvest a skull of stone
                  The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

I destring my guitars and put them in a case overnight with a set of strings. They'll be tuned to A440 by morning.
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65
                      The mystery goes on. What Gremlins lurk in our cases!
                      Whoever they are, they could be of better use - the washing, cleaning, ironing..
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG
                        I destring my guitars and put them in a case overnight with a set of strings. They'll be tuned to A440 by morning.
                        I want to trade for your Gremlins!

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi
                            Whoever they are, they could be of better use - the washing, cleaning, ironing..
                            Shopping, vacuuming, bringing me beer when I'm watching tv, going to work for me.....

Comment

Some head would be nice!
                              I love admins!

Comment

Working...
                              X