OFR into licensed FR route

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFR into licensed FR route

I put an OFR into a RR I have which had a licensed FR on it stock. Fit ok til I tried to intonate it. Damn screws were too long for the route. I almost gave up and switched trems but then I checked the screws on my Carvin 7 licensed trem. They were the only ones I could find that fit and it works great I can pull up all the way and the OFR screws fit into the Carvin which had tons of extra room in the route. I thought I had tried everything out there< I ordered different screws from all over the net hoping to get ones to work. So if you're thinking of making the switch it is possible.
    http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Yes, it's common to replace the original Floyd screws with shorter ones. It's not an issue on top mounts though.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by blindmuddy
      I put an OFR into a RR I have which had a licensed FR on it stock. Fit ok til I tried to intonate it. Damn screws were too long for the route. I almost gave up and switched trems but then I checked the screws on my Carvin 7 licensed trem. They were the only ones I could find that fit and it works great I can pull up all the way and the OFR screws fit into the Carvin which had tons of extra room in the route. I thought I had tried everything out there< I ordered different screws from all over the net hoping to get ones to work. So if you're thinking of making the switch it is possible.
      WHich licensed FR did it have on it? if it was a Shaller style (JT-500) and not a Schaller (JT-590), i recommend replacing it with a schaller to avoid finding out that you´ve shortened /changed the OFR screws only to run into problems becasue of the now 1/16" too short mounting distance...

Comment

If the posts are 1/16" off how would the trem even line up on the knife edge? Seems like you wouldn't be able to dive or anything if it was off that much.

Comment

I believe mine was a 590 and the posts line up perfectly. The saddle screws were the only issue for the fit. Now all's good. It just took alot of lookin to find screws. When I posted it here noone had a clue where to find screws that would work.
          http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Working...
          X