jrr-94 wiring diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jrr-94 wiring diagram

i am having troubles with slight hum so i decided to look into my jrr-94.I had a dimebucker installed awhile back.since i was tring to eliminate the hum,even when the volume is down,i "crossed a few wires on my own and now i am wondering if i have 2 volume/1 tone and 3 way switch OR a 2 tone/one volume/3 way switch.can anymone help me straighten out this mess?muchos gracia
    "The cup floats pretty good till you get 2 or 3 people on it"~Vinnie Paul

I believe most 3-knobbed RRs come wired with 2 vol and 1 tone. The pickups should be wired to the pots, the pots to the switch, and the switch to the output jack.

Comment

I believe Sunbane is right. Another way to check, in case it's been modded, is to take a look at the pots. If the pot has a capacitor soldered to it, it's a tone pot. If not, it's a volume pot.

Comment

i rewired everything the way the diagram shows on seymour duncan but still having some problems.I may try to get new pots.the volume wont turn down now since i tried testing the volume pot by itself.im wondering if the 3 leads off each pot(that i solder on) makes a difference on which wires i solder on them.

Comment

Originally posted by crowley_67
          i rewired everything the way the diagram shows on seymour duncan but still having some problems.I may try to get new pots.the volume wont turn down now since i tried testing the volume pot by itself.im wondering if the 3 leads off each pot(that i solder on) makes a difference on which wires i solder on them.
          "Which wires"? I have trouble getting what you mean... :scratch:
          You must follow the wiring schematic to the letter if it's going to work.

As for pots in general, the middle leg of the pot is the output.
          Generally, the left leg is the input and the right leg is grounded.

Comment

i wired the pickups the way the diagram shows but now my volume pots will not turn up or down.i can hear the tone tho full blast.I recently re wired a les paul copy and it came out fine.This one is fighting all the way.The local radio shack does not carry these pots either.thanks for your input and im going to try to get some pots this weekend.

Comment

Get a some good ones.

Comment

got some gibsons-too big to put thru the effing holes on the plate.

Comment

Working...
                X