Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• static when turning volume

hey people
    i bought my imported jackson dk2 about 6 months ago.. and now when i turn the volume knob i hear static sometimes.. im not sure if it was always like that because i didnt pay much attention

also my input jack is a bit loose and i have to tighten it up so maybe that's the problem....

also.. when the input jack used to be tight.. the cable was still moving .. like u could move the cable from side to side and it felt "sloppy" while on my teacher's guitar.. if the cable is inside nothing can move it and its very hard to take out.. u really gotta pull on it.. its very stable there
    so how does ur cable go? --> input a tiny bit lose or feeling very steady and hard to take out
    If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

You have a scratchy pot, which is a very common problem on imported guitars with cheap electronics. I would advice you to get a quality replacement, such as a CTS pot.

The jack should be easy to plug into, but the cable plug should not move when plugged in. Check so the jack is tightened down, and that the jackplate isn't loose.

Comment

when
      If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

when i push the cable plug towards the jack.. the static from the volume knob seems to stop... so maybe i just need tightening it will solve the problem

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelLitvak
          when i push the cable plug towards the jack.. the static from the volume knob seems to stop... so maybe i just need tightening it will solve the problem
          you could have tightened that jack by now and see if it works. it's not that hard. you need a philips screwdriver and about 5 minutes.

Comment

i tightened the jack.. didnt help but then my teacher raised the humbucker a bit and it helped for the most part.. i still think its the pot and i'll change it when i get a chance

also my input jack.. its tightened but the jack still moves .. feels loose.. i opened the jack and put a little pressure on these things that lock the jack... helped abit but still loose

paying allmost a thousand bux for this guitar.. shouldnt happen even if its imported .. thats what i think

maybe not jacksons fault but the store i got from (long&mcuade canada)

Comment

Working...
            X