A dumb question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A dumb question

My jacksons have wider string spacing at the locking nut. I'm not sure what it is but it's wider than on my Kramers and those are 1-5/8".

I like the wider spacing of my Jacksons cause my fingers are kinda big and on open chords I have more room to make all the strings ring.

My question is this: Can a wider spaced nut be put onto a !-5/8" equipped guitar without causing the outer strings to be too close to the edge of the neck?

Most Jacksons are 1-11/16. Chances are the strings will hang too close to the edge, if not off of the fretboard if you used that size nut. Not to mention the nut wont look good on there at all.

Theres an easy solution to this problem though... sell your Kramers and buy more Jacksons!
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by shredhed
      My jacksons have wider string spacing at the locking nut. I'm not sure what it is but it's wider than on my Kramers and those are 1-5/8".

I like the wider spacing of my Jacksons cause my fingers are kinda big and on open chords I have more room to make all the strings ring.

My question is this: Can a wider spaced nut be put onto a !-5/8" equipped guitar without causing the outer strings to be too close to the edge of the neck?
      An R3 could theoretically serve here, but the nut itself will hang out over 1mm on each side of the neck, and trust me when I say that´s a REAL uncomfy situation ... and it may still be too wide as far as the spacing goes...

A more viable solution would be to use a Standard nut and Kahler lock on teh thinner neck, making string spacing adjustable in the same way it is on a traditional nut, by cutting the slots wider apart or closer together

Comment

I was afraid of that. I guess I'm just stuck (lol) on Jacksons.

bob

Comment

Working...
        X