Webstrings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webstrings

I remembered that someone here uses these. I was wondering how they were copared to D'addario or DR. I know there are only a few manufacturers of strings, any ideas who makes the webstrings?

I can't really compare Webstrings to any other company because since I started playing guitars I used Ernie Ball. Now I use both Webstrings and Ernie Ball.

To my ears they sound great and they also feel great.
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

I've bought a few pairs and from what I remember they were decent strings. They sell cheaper because they save on packaging and cut out the middle man.

They reference D'Addarrio, Ernie Ball and GHS, so it's possible the same company that make those also makes webstrings.
      Last edited by St.James; 05-07-2006, 07:08 AM.
      Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

I used to use DR pure nickels and switched to the webstring pure nickels. They are fine strings and compare quality wise to all the major brand names.

ymmv
        "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Great strings at a great price!!!

Comment

So has anyone done a breakdown as to who makes the strings and what they are packaged as?
            Just a guitar player...

Comment

When I bought them they were packaged as Webstrings. Each type of string has it's own name just like it is on their site. The Electric strings are named "Memphis Electric". There's a pic of the package for this set on this page http://www.webstrings.com/electric_guitar_strings.html

Still don't know who actually makes them though.

Comment

Thanks for the input guy's. I just picked up some DR's, but I'll try some out the next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Creepy
                  Thanks for the input guy's. I just picked up some DR's, but I'll try some out the next time.
                  I like the way DR's sound, but they turn my fingers black, so I went back to Ernie Ball and D'Addario's. I'll have to check out the webstrings.
                  Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I have been using webstrings for years. They are quite a deal when you buy 10+ sets.

I use both boomers and webstrings for some variety and love them both.

Comment

they're basically D'addario strings.

DR (a Nickle Plated Steel string) "tite-fit" strings have a round core and Webstrings NPS strings have a hex shaped core like D'addario but less tension than Dean Markley strings.

i still prefer GHS boomers. the combination of feel and tone do it for me. (i still prefer the tension of DR tite fits but boomers have close to the same feel with a fuller tone.
                      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

GHS Boomers have been my choice for many years.

Comment

These will be my first set of DR's. I've always used D'addario and GHS.

Comment

Originally posted by Creepy
                            I remembered that someone here uses these. I was wondering how they were copared to D'addario or DR. I know there are only a few manufacturers of strings, any ideas who makes the webstrings?
                            I ordered 12 packs and in that 12 packs three so far are defective!
                            I put of the 4th pack and FINALLY they were are OK!
                            not worth it in my book!
                            the consistency is just not good enough for me
                            i have NEVER gotten a bad pack of EB's or DR's
                            Last edited by savage; 06-09-2006, 12:19 PM.
                            If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

I've used a couple of sets... the string envelopes have the same corrosion protection that Dean Markley use, so my assumption is that they are from the same mfg... similar feel to the GHS Boomers I usually use.

The price rocks too...

Comment

Working...
                              X