Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checkerplate/Diamondplate guitars

Alright guys,
    Had an idea for a quick project, so could you post any pics you might have of checkerplate (Im English haha) or Diamondplate guitars please?
    I cant decide between leaving it stainless finish or painting it black. The guitar is black at the moment, and while black diamondplate is more unusual, leaving it unfinished would be like getting a new guitar...

James

Yes, but you might blind someone.

I've always liked the look of the flat black anodized/powdercoated tread plate, though I don't think I'd want it on my guitar. Doesn't LTD make a diamond plate top guitar?

I guess this is about the best I can do for ya: >>link<<

I seem to recall paint not sticking to stainless worth a crap, or unetched aluminum either for that matter.
    |My CSG gallery|
    (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Cheers mate.

What I was thinking of doing is converting my Dinky XL to be a 1 hum 1 vol axe by covering the front with checkerplate!

James

Comment

Oooh, a Dinky Dobro! That's new
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Piss off

Comment

This probably won't help much, but here's black diamond plate on a Les Paul pickguard. This is Budman's guitar. He made me one for my faded cherry Les Paul, but my pics suck and you can't really tell it's diamond plate.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That's funny, no one has any cool diamond pictures?

James, the only pics i got is backplates on a Yellow Hazard Soloist. Tell me if you need to see 'em.
              I just searched my picture database and came up with zero full face diamond plates.
              Henrik
              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Last edited by SGplayer; 07-15-2006, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Thats great thanks mate!!!

Henrik - Id like those pictures of the RHY Soloist but it would only be for the backplates and SG player has posted pics of that! Thanks though

James

Comment

Here's a back shot of my SL4. I made the diamond plate aluminum covers with a hacksaw, a file, and some diamond plate aluminum purchased from our local Menard's builders' supply store. I made a truss rod cover, too, but I can't seem to find a pic of it. I tried making a football-shaped jackplate too, but it didn't work out. I'll have to get going on that again.

Comment

Thanks mate, think this is going to become a reality soon!!! After all my exams!!!

James

Comment

Last edited by SGplayer; 07-15-2006, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Haha Ill probably get them CNC'd at the place I used to work

Comment

Last edited by SGplayer; 07-15-2006, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X