Re-Finish question regarding to recess/Floyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-Finish question regarding to recess/Floyd

I am contemplating a re-finish down the road for my candy apple red charvel.

I don't usually "pull up" on the floyd and had it recessed back in the 80's. Is there a way for (probably going to use GMW) the re-finisher to fill in the recessed area and keep it standard? The floyd itself has a long block, so the back cover won't fit(that's ok by me).

The original finish is well worn. I was thinking about going to Ferrari Red. That is what came on my new KV2 and I love it!

Thanks

If the guitar is going to be totaly refinished, it shouldn't be a problem at all.
    Converting back to a top mount is just a matter of pulling the bushings for the Floyd (if it used them), filling (doweling) the holes then glueing a piece of hardwood into the recess. Then you just redrill the bushings and route the wood insert for a surface mounted Floyd.
    Refinish it and your back to the way it was... more or less.

Edit: Your back cover will also fit on the guitar afterwards since you will be raising the Floyd.
    -Rick

Comment

JUST what I wanted to hear Thanks! I sent an e mail to Lee as well.

This will surely make me feel better about the guitar. It has a LOT of battlescars and I am not too crazy how the finish is looking.

Comment

Working...
      X