X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surfcaster trem bar

Hi,
    New but to the board, and to Charvels.
    Recently picked up a Surfcaster @ a nice price off of evil bay, but it is missing the trem arm.
    Does anyone know what type of arm and where to get one?
    Thanks, and nice board!
    [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]
    [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Re: Surfcaster trem bar

They're rare as frog's hair. Goofy looking little thing, no threads to screw it in, no 'handle' on the end, just a straight bar. It has sort of an indentation ring at the 'guitar' end of the bar that seems to 'click' into place inside of the bridge by perhaps some spring-loaded ball bearings? Anyway, it's not held in by much, and you have to usually pop it out to put the guitar in a case, so they are EASILY lost or misplaced.

I have one, if you want pics. Perhaps I can get an engineer buddy of mine to blueprint it and possibly even mfg them if a few board folks want them... I doubt highly that they'd be available from Jackson and anyone who has one probably isn't going to part with it.

Hey, how bout some pics of yours? I'm thinking about starting a Surfcaster website...

[ July 30, 2003, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: surfcaster ]

Comment

I'll try to get a pic of it tonight. I'm pretty behind on a lot of things, so I might not get to it...

Comment

Maybe the most elusive trem bar out there. I think the trems used on the surfcasters were made by Gotoh. They are a funky 2 post vintage kinda thing. Good luck to ya!!

Comment

Hey there, could I see a pic of this bar?
          Thanks,
          Dave->
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
          X