Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Model CX 292

Hey i guys someone is selling a Charvel Model CX 292

I'm thinking about buying one but is it worth it? I can buy it for $ 199 ( keep in mind that i'm buying it in europe where the prices on charvels are higer [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] )

i have a few more questions, what bridge is on it? What kind of wood, pickups? In what year is it build?

Thanks in advance [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

here is a pic:

sorry for the bad englisch btw [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

[ July 24, 2003, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: Shakeel ]

Re: Charvel Model CX 292

I remember those from the Musicians' Friend catalogs in the early 90s. I think they went for about $299 new, but it is a pretty nice-looking traditional
    Strat-style with even a Strathead, so it's probably worth it. The hardware and
    pickups are going to be less quality than
    say the Performer series, but it looks pretty nice. If you like the way it plays and sounds, go for it!
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

The body is Basswood. The neck is great and the trem looks like a vintage style. I have a 392 and its great I love it. Plays great and sounds even better. But i switched the pups on it. Its made in japan so its a good quality guitar. Its all up to you whether or not you want to pay 199 for it.
      Gil

Comment

Thanks for the info dudes !!

i mailed the guy and he said that the pickups are Goto studio pickups? does anyone know these pickups? are they good ?

thanks again guys

Comment

The gotoh pups are okay. I had a Dean with them in it and they squeeled like a stuck pig on fire runnin on asphault in august on the equater.
          Anyway. The tone was good but just make sure they are potted or they will squeel when your not playing. That gets really annoying.
          Gil

Comment

The gotoh pups are okay. I had a Dean with them in it and they squeeled like a stuck pig on fire runnin on asphault in august on the equater.
            Anyway. The tone was good but just make sure they are potted or they will squeel when your not playing. That gets really annoying.
            Gil

Comment

haha okay
              Thanks for the info man

I'm waiting for the highest bid now, and maybe i'll buy it tomorrow thanks again guys [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X