Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ST, TX pics

K...thought I'd post my Charvies...

ST Custom...dual single coils wired as humbuckers have been removed and replaced with a JB Jr., new pickguard (originally matte black), gave it a slight face lift to lose that awful 80's look...

TX Custom. Left this one as is...she's purrrrdy.

Re: ST, TX pics

VERY nice! I like that TX especially...I've had a hankering for a Charvel Tele...very nice guitars!

Comment

Nice! I have never seen a Charvel with a headstock that looked like that(the TX's)

And what's that amp?

Comment

"That amp" is a 1965 Magnatone M15A Custom.
        2X12, Jensen-loaded from factory, stock it had 13 very weird tubes. This one was rebuilt 2 years ago by my fave tube amp guru and rebiased to accept common tube numbers. He did a fantastic job, as the original sound is very very closely preserved.

Stereo amp, 2 channels, Channel One has reverb and the famous Magnatone True Vibrato (shifts Pitch not Volume like every other tremelo or vibrato ever made...think S.C.O.T.S "Camel Walk") Channel two the Verb will work on but not the Vibrato, by design. Bass & Treb on each channel + an overall 3 way tone setting of sort of muffled, natural and brite on each channel.

About 65 watts output. As loud as you'd probably ever want to be...I'm always getting yelled at when it's at 1/3 vol.

These are very clean amps, with only a bit of growl turned up. Cranked up and played with no fx, sounds like "All Day And All Of The Night" by the Kinks.

I use a Digitech RP200 modeling pedal to get the various crunch that I need...perfect marriage, digital technology fed to the warmth of a real tube amp. My recommendation is that you pitch your Line6 to the curb and try something similar...but stick with the Digitechs, cuz the Pods aren't designed well for before-the-amp use, they're more for studio, straight to the board.

More on Maggie amps: http://www.vibroworld.com/magnatone/

Comment

Working...
        X