375 or model 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 375 or model 4

Frist I would like to say HI since I am new here. I am looking at picking up a new guitar.I am looking at either a 375 or model 4.

My questions are,
    1)Are the neck profiles the same?.
    2)Are all the model necks the same?.I love the way my model 88 feels.
    3)Does one use better electronics than the other how about hardware?.
    4)What kind of wood is both made out of ?.

Is the only difference the contour neck heel on the 375. Or are there bigger difference that that I am just not seeing?.Any opinions from owner of both would be great

Thanks Mike
    Mike
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Re: 375 or model 4

1)Are the neck profiles the same?.

Nope, the tootpaste's feel like a slimmer neck to me.

2)Are all the model necks the same?.I love the way my model 88 feels.

All the bolt-on Models seem to have the same neck profile.

3)Does one use better electronics than the other how about hardware?.

The Models used the same electronics, and hardware that they used in the Jacksons so yea it's pretty good [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] IMHO the hardware and electronics began to suffer as the Toothpaste era went along (post 90).

4)What kind of wood is both made out of ?

Basswood

I like the Model guitars the best. In fact they are my favorite guitars.

Comment

Actually, the Model 4 has active electronics whereas the 375 is passive. The Model 4 is a step above the 375 for this reason.
      Dana <~~~
      '85 Rhoads Custom
      '86 SD Str*t
      '86 Model 4 (5)
      '87 Model 1
      '87 Model 6
      '88 Model 3DR
      '90 650 XL
      '94 KE-3
      '97 DR Amberburst
      '97 Dinky BOFlames
      '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

Lets not forget that the guitar-shaped logo looks cooler. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.I was just checking out evilbay to see what is out there.It just seem that the "toothpaste" guitars are slighty cheaper.But it might be better to pickup a model 4 if the pickups are better to begin with.No sense in buying cheaper just to spend more later upgrading things.
          Mike
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

I would rather have a 375 over a Model 4 anyday...there is a super sweet amber flame topped one on ebay here at the moment I wouldn't mind nabbing if I was in the States, though i think his opening bid may be out of line with market value there, let alone that crazy buy it now price...but in Oz, I'd buy 3 of those guitars at $300 if I could...anyway...

It has stock Jackson pickups that may not have an active boost of any kind but if you're going to change pickups anyway, that's not a problem at all. Look at the rest, superiour Schaller Floyd and locking nut, with the Floyd Tools behind the headstock and a very sexy Dinky body shape, much like the Model 88 has. That case looks nice too....

Comment

Then again, you could always go with a 475. There's one HERE.

Comment

Working...
              X