Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question?

hey guys what bridge belongs on a model 3a? is it a kahler spyder?

Re: Question?

I believe your thinking of a floating "Kahler Fulcrum" model. I don't think Charvels ever came with The Spider model.

Dave->

[ July 19, 2003, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: budman68 ]
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

My 3A is original with a Kahler Fulcrum... Hope that helps...
      Brad [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

The 3A was the 2 humbucker/bolt on... they had a JT-6 on them, but I believe the 86 version had a Kahler fulcrum.

The Kahler Spyder was Kahler's attempt at the Floyd Rose design. It looks very much like a floyd in most aspects.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Its actually called a Kahler Traditional....At least thats what they printed on all the manuals and Kahler propaganda..........

Comment

Originally posted by Accept2:
            Its actually called a Kahler Traditional....At least thats what they printed on all the manuals and Kahler propaganda..........
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">In my 1986 Charvel catalog, it lists it as a " Kahler Fulcrum" model but I think I also have seen it listed as a Kahler "traditional". Not sure why they would call it that though since it's nothing like any traditional trem I've seen since it floats rather than being just a forward moving type trem.

Dave-&gt;
            Dave ->

Comment

thanx guys!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I'd like to see a pic of a 3A with a jt6, never seen one......course, there's a lot of things I've never seen!
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

p.s. by the way, no Charvel ever came with a Spyder, Kramers did though.

Comment

p.s p.s. also....the Spyder was a damned good trem.

Comment

When I bought one of those Kahler Whammys to fit to my Strat copy in '86 it was called a Fulcrum. I think it cost about sisty quid as well. Got it fitted by the store and they did a very average job of it. I've never had any trouble from it, apart from the high E tuner has twisted in it's mount over the years. I must dig that guitar out from under the bed sometime!

Model 3
                      Model 5A
                      Model 3B
                      Journeyman
                      Custom Shop San Dimas s/n 8511

Comment

Dude! Watch out! That guitar looks like it's gonna jump!
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002:
                          I'd like to see a pic of a 3A with a jt6, never seen one......course, there's a lot of things I've never seen!
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">mine

Comment

Shawn, what did you replace the Kahler with? Did you fill the holes and redrill for a Floyd?

Dave-&gt;
                            Dave ->

Comment

in 86 it was the Kahler Traditional fulcrum. What Jackson called it doesnt matter It was marketed as double locking trem that required no routing whatsoever on guitars with the "traditional trem route" It was the first thing to come off my Model 3 when I bought brand new back in 86..
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X