Qestion on about a MODEL 3C!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qestion on about a MODEL 3C!!

Ok, what's the difference between a Model 3C and a Model 3. Here's a Model 3 from my 1986 catalog:
    [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TQCmAigYWsJt287e5zpHRIbXhNenxkc0mNK9vQHDaLmNatJuM WAs1EYOul9dmlqA4m5WaG!nm7!VSKgLB*psiVzH3tZaxf6Omyo 7gb43JQCoCxOa68!okQ/model3small.JPG?dc=4675430711995210485[/img]

How does a Model 3C differ from this? In case you can't see the pickups it's a H/S/S config.

Thanks!
    Dave->
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Re: Qestion on about a MODEL 3C!!

That pic looks like a 3C to me. I have one identicle and it has 3C stamped in the neck pocket. I think they just put that in the catalog as an example of a model 3. I have two model 3's with just a 3 in the neck pocket and they are both non-pickguard HSS models. The model 1A body was exactly like the 3C except it had a v-trem. I think this would be a good start for a new post. Let's post some pics identifying all the old Model series. I'll start it and call it "model series identification". This would be a great thing because everyone seems confused as to exactly what is what.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I believe it was like this

Model 3 H/S/S no pickguard
      Model 3A H/H with/without pickguard
      Model 3C H/S/S with pickguard

Wonder what happened to the 3B? (H/H w/pickguard???)

Comment

Hotrodder: The 3B is the bass verison of the model 3. I guess they saved the "B" for bass.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotrodder:
          I believe it was like this

Model 3 H/S/S no pickguard
          Model 3A H/H with/without pickguard
          Model 3C H/S/S with pickguard

Wonder what happened to the 3B? (H/H w/pickguard???)
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ok, I would agree with this because the one I bought from Dana says 3C in the pocket also but has anyone actually seen a Model 3 with NO pickguard and the Kahler Fulcrum from 1986? Maybe someone has one here? mm2002, are you sure the ones that are stamped just "3" in the neck pocket are from 86? Do they have Kahler Fulcrum bridges?

Thanks again for the help! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave-&gt;

[ July 19, 2003, 07:18 AM: Message edited by: budman68 ]
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by john:
            Hotrodder: The 3B is the bass verison of the model 3. I guess they saved the "B" for bass.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, the 3B is a neckthru bass. The 2B is the bolt-on version
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
            X