Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JTX Professional - Value Question

Hi all,

I hope this post is not against the rules. If so, I apologize and will retract it.

I am going to sell my Jackson JTX Professional and have no idea what the current value of these are. Has anyone sold one lately? I haven't seen one on ebay in a loooong time so I'm in the dark. Harmony Central wasn't a huge help either.

It's the "tele" style body with pointed headstock. Finish is transparent pearl purple. By the way, I own a guitar store but this is totally outside of the store. I've had the guitar for about 3 years but bought it from the original owner. It's absolutely MINT. I honestly can't imagine a nicer one in existence, unless there's one hanging in the Jackson museum never touched by human hands.

Oh, I should mention that the original owner updated the guitar's electronics. Dumping the original crap pickups makes this guitar sound as good as it looks. It now has a Duncan Custom in the bridge and a DiMarzio Virtual Vintage in the neck. It also has a Fender TBX tone control and a custom-wired 5-way switch. Beautiful tones and literally the thinnest neck I've ever felt on a guitar.

Thank you very much for any help. I figure if anyone can help me with the real-world value of this guitar, it's you all. I'm hoping to put her on ebay on Saturday, so thanks in advance.

Gary

Re: JTX Professional - Value Question

Gary,
    These don't go for much on Ebay, not too many people looking for/wanting these. I almost bought one of these when they were new, but the pickguard turned me off (beautiful trans purple though!).

According to the Blue Book of guitars, original retail was $645, 100% mint cond = $450, 98% cond = $395, 95% cond = $325, 90% cond = $250, 80% cond = $225. (Keep in mind, ebay prices always seem to be going for lower than the Blue Book says).

Pickup upgrades don't seem to get much extra value when selling a guitar (at least not as much as if you sold the pickups separately).

I'm thinking w/pickups you might get in the upper range of $350 if you're lucky (less than that if you aren't including a hard case).

Comment

Re: JTX Professional - Value Question

Thanks MountainDog! This helps me a lot. I really appreciate it.

Sorry for putting this in the wrong forum.

Gary

Comment

Working...
      X