Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could someone set me strait with this idea ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could someone set me strait with this idea ?

So here was my project guitar idea, to basically buy over time and then have a treat for myself when im done.

Would it be possible, to take a charvel avenger body and a reversed headstock usa jackson neck. (they are both 25.5 scale, i believe) and bolt them together?

Then probably toss in an emg 81 for kicks.

Would this work in terms of neck matching to body and whatnot ?

Also possible substitutions are, a model 2 body, or a san dimas neck, or maybe an import rhoads body.

someone tell me if im just bein nuts or what ?

I wouldnt be building like a historically acurate san dimas replica or anything, just a fun guitar thats nice to play and sounds decent.

Re: Could someone set me strait with this idea ?

here is a quick photoshop of what it might look like. its crappy chop, but was a quick one.

[ July 12, 2003, 03:38 AM: Message edited by: PaddoK ]

Comment

Something about a reverse headstock Rhoads makes me [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

The Avenger used a 22 fret neck I do believe...not sure what the scale length is, but I am going to do a similar project to yours, 'cept I have a reverse headstock Charvel toothpaste logo neck. So I'm thinking you are going to be OK with it...and thanks for that photochop...I can't wait to get mine done! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Paddok, did you just buy that USA neck on eBay? If so, it's my old Ontario Strat neck that some dude parted out on eBay. It was metallic black, with a matching headstock. Also, the original truss rod cover was missing, so I replaced it with a brand new one, it should look mint on the fairly scratched headstock. The seller parted the guitar out, had the strat body refinished with some Lynch tiger graphic. Sold the EMG's and gold Floyd too. What a fine player that was, sad to see it broken up, but happy to possibly realize you now have it. So, was that my old one?
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Ahh, sorry man, I ended up not going for the neck, however I do kind of regret it now [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh wait, im a fool, the neck is still on ebay. Maybe I will pick it up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=41423

there is the link

Comment

That's not an original truss rod cover is it? It looks a little odd doesn't it?

Dave->
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Dave, it looks a little funny cause the cover is deep black, but the headstock face is a metallic black sparkle, sorta a grey-ish charcoal. So the colors are offsetting. Paddok, so you just photo shopped that neck onto your Avenger? Damn, if so, I'm good to recognize my old neck from that scan!
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Yes pretty much. cept it isnt my avenger, just I was going nuts for a single humbucker rev. headstock rhoads and so i had to make myself one.

Comment

Oh ok, yeah I think your right. Now that I took a bit of a closer look with that in mind I see it.
                      I'm a duh sometimes..... [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Dave->
                      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
                      X