Charvel Surfcaster or Telecaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Surfcaster or Telecaster

Can anyone give me any info on the Charvel Surfcasters and Telecasters? Are they pretty good guitars? etc. Have seen a lot of them online lately but have never had one to check out.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Peace,
    Brad [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Charvel Surfcaster or Telecaster

Can't tell you much about the surfcasters, but the Tele's are awesome guitars. I've got a Model 7 (same as the Legend) and it is a great guitar.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

I totally agree with Tekky. I sold my Nashville Tele shortly after I got a Legend. It's a Tele with an attitude.

Comment

Heck yeah! You've got that classic tele body style with a wicked reversed pointed headstock!!!

\mm/ (toomuchmetalforonehand)
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Surfcasters.... they KICK ARSE! But....

Choose carefully. Older, early 90's ones are better. Make sure it has the shark f-hole and the shark inlays on the neck and the 'gumby' headstock. Then...decide what type of tone you want. If you're more twangy and jangly as a general rule, then the all lipstick pickup models are for you. If you need some crunch, consider the humbucker at the bridge model, which I believe only came in the trapeze bridge arrangement. I've got one of each, and love them both.

Later ones are a mere shadow of their former selves, as Jackson de-valued the Charvel line. Now, they're a friggin joke. But the early Surfcasters kick arse!

Comment

Working...
          X