Import Charvel Bluebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import Charvel Bluebook

There has been a lot of "How much is my ...." questions here so lets get a price list going. Comments wanted.

First you can find every import Charvel in the $200-$400 range if you look hard enough, and any import Charvel you can get for $400 is a good deal IMHO. Remember when they were new, the upper end of the Charvel range was over $1,000.

This is not gospel. Just a ballpark range you will find higher and lower prices.

Model 1 $100 - $200
    Model 2 $150 - $250
    Model 3 $200 - $300
    Model 4 $250 - $350
    Model 5 $300 - $400
    Model 6 $350 - $500
    Model 7 $200 - $300
    Model 8 $??? - $??? Only seen one before.
    Model 88 $300 - $1,000

275 $150 - $250
    375 $200 - $300
    475 $250 - $350
    550 $300 - $400
    650 $350 - $500
    750 $400 - $700

Fusion Special $150 - $250
    Fusion Custom $200 - $300
    Fusion Deluxe $200 - $300
    Spectrum $250 - $350
    Legend $200 - $300
    Predator $200 - $300
    Surfcasters $250 - $1100!!!

Later Charvels really are not the popular So lets say about $200 for the bolt-ons and maybe $350 for that PRS looking setneck archtop. (LS1? or LSX something like that).

Re: Import Charvel Bluebook

This is a good idea especially for first timers. however my question is ...how much did the model 375 deluxe retail in 90 - 91 ?

Comment

Very nice Hotrodder!
      Can you turn off that avatar now? It's making me [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] ........
      [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Dave->
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Charvelfk, I bought my 375 Deluxe new back in 91 and, if I remember correctly it was in the $700-ish range with case and all. I don't recall exactly but I know it was somewhere in that area. Hindsight being 20/20 I wish I would have kept the receipt on it.

Mine doesn't have the matching headstock on it although since the body is black/metal flake, the regular gloss black headstock looks like it matches unless you look really close. Didn't the red one you just get have a matching headstock? I thought it did, I didn't go back and look at the old string so I could be wrong. That may make a difference.

Hope that helps.

Comment

damn, were those charvels so expensive back then???

Harrald

Comment

Yep.

The import Charvels were high quality guitars.

When they started making Jacksons in Japan the quality of the Charvels started going down as not to compete with the Jackson import guitars.

Comment

The body is red on my 375 and headstock is black.
              http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...gory=2384&rd=1
              thanks for the idea of price for the 375 in 91.

Comment

That's right, I remember now. Still a nice price you got it for though. I wouldn't let mine go for that, but that's just me!

Comment

Thanks ... now all i need to do is get a digital camera so i can get some pics up of my model 2 and the 375 when it arrives... just starting my charvel collection...hope to buy other guitars in time as money allows hehehe. Gonna make the MOUSE broke working overtime.

Comment

I have a ST Custom and a TX Custom. I have to say, the quality on both seems to be first rate. The ST I got new in '90...I think it retailed for around $850, certainly not top of the line, but at the time, all the pointy headstock Kahler things were the rage and this was a pretty basic strat-esque setup, apart from the twin single coils wired as a humbucker. It's gotten quite a makeover since, but plays like buttah, and sounds great. The TX Custom is seafoam green with binding, and plays and sounds like an old Tele should...warm, bluesy, not a ton of output but a lot of warmth and soul.

Don't see either of them here, unless they're in the 'bolt on neck, $200' category... and no one's getting MINE for $200!!!

Comment

I've been thinking I could eventually get close to a soloist price for my 750xl as it's string thru and of that quality. You do not see them pop up anymore everyday. Especially a string thru.. try hardly never. It's mint...I think I could ask 800.00 maybe 850.00.
                      Maybe I'm high... another year from now, ya never know.

Depends if they start making the professional series again, and would they be better than before.

[ July 22, 2003, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

in late 1987early 88 my NEW model6 was 700, i remember because the sales man told me for another $50 i could get have a model88 that he was waiting for delivery on.

Comment

This thread deserves a bump! It would be cool if the admins made it a sticky [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Well another 1 hum model 2 in the house.87 creamy metallic white JT-6 perfect rosewood board frets perfect.Birds eye on the back of the neck too!(first time I ever saw that on an import).It had a J80 in place but removed that and installed DiMarzio super D.Man she is sweet.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Bump! Admins, could you please make this a sticky and remove all posts in it? I think it's a great resource! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X