Worth??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worth??

I have a light blue Model 2 w/ OFR and Jackson J-90 p/u with chainsaw case. Guitar is mint except for the usual paint rubbed off the fine tuners on the Floyd.

I was wondering what it's worth?

Thanks...Sorry, no photo.

Re: Worth??

Ooops...rosewood fingerboard also.

Comment

From what I have seen around that would probably go for $200. I am not an expert though.

Comment

Nice thing about these imported Charvels.. They cost a lot less than what their worth.

A model 2 is twice the guitar than say the Tom Delonge Strat is (about $500).

It's worth $100

I'm tired of the way we drive the prices up on ebay [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh man.. perhaps a Model 2 is worth only $100.00 to you, but it sure isn't to me, and I doubt many here would sell theirs for $100.00

I wouldn't take less than $250.00 for my M2 in very-good to excellent condition.. somehow I don't think I'd be waiting too long either.

However, if you have a n M2 I'll be more than happy to give you what you feel it's worth. $100.00 [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

A guitar is worth what someone will pay for it, even if you think prices are high on ebay, if thats what they sell for THATS market value.

I dissagree with you because Model series guitars ARE undervalued as it is.

Quit frankly, I find $100.00 quite insulting, as a Charvel owner, I'm surprised you find that fair.

What a JCFer will pay is not quite accurate, as we tend to "underpay" for our guitars, due to our increased knowledge over the "general non-Jackson/Charvel" collector.

There are exceptions of course, I'm just generalizing, and WE (JCFers) tend to pay more for prized axes that others might pass on..

Firecrackle Model4 with Sharkfins for example.

[ July 04, 2003, 01:51 AM: Message edited by: 2Loud2Old ]

Comment

Oh, where I mentioned I would'nt sell my Model 2 for less than $250.00, that was a typo.

I meant $200.00. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] (And I still think I'd lose out)

I admit I have alot of emotion wrapped up in that guitar, my first Charvel, bought back in 87.

Comment

[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

It's a Joke dude! Hell I'd pay $4-500+ for just about any import Charvel if I liked it. (I bought my 4 new for $1099 w/case)

Anyway I'm a buyer not a seller.. I want them cheap damnit! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ July 04, 2003, 03:10 AM: Message edited by: Hotrodder ]

Comment

Thats cool dude.

I just take my Charvels waaaaay too seriously. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I just KNOW I'm gonna get hit by the typo cop.. I mean Ron.. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ July 04, 2003, 03:24 AM: Message edited by: 2Loud2Old ]

Comment

Me too. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

My goal is to have one of every import Charvel made, then one of every sub version, then one of every color, then....

Comment

Hotrodder, check this link out...http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...gory=2384&rd=1

Comment

The Model Series bolt-neck guitars are seriously underpriced for the quality of
                        instruments they are. $200 with case is
                        about right, and they can be found cheaper in pawn shops fairly often still. They must have made a real shipload of Model 2 guitars; maybe that's why they're so cheap used! That, or most folks not being into pointy headstocks these days.
                        Most folks who want one already have one, and then you get pickier about buying another of the same model you've got.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

worth what you have it listed for no doubt but unfortunately the market is about $150-200 right now
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Yep, a $350 BIN will get you a neck through Model 5, or even a Model 6 if you're patient. The firecrackle Model 6
                            that got a quote of $400 to $500 is worth that due to the finish and condition, which is worth easily $100 more than a solid color paintjob of the same model.
                            This has nothing to do with the inherent quality of the guitar, but with the market. In the mid-80s you could buy late 60s Les Pauls for $300 all day but
                            pointies were costly. The trend is reversed right now, but who knows the future?
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

not to stray off topic, or take over your thread,

but what would a 650XL bring? Its in good condition, although the former owner raped it with his belt buckle. I may sell it to thin the herd, as well as finish off a medical bill thats been around since late spring.

~eric

Comment

Working...
                              X