Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charvel import serial numbers inside....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel import serial numbers inside....

Someone was kind enough to post this way back when, so I'm reposting it because several people have asked the year of their import:

1986: SN 222,000 - 258,000
    1987: SN 258,000 - 299,000
    1988: SN 299,000 - 315,000
    1989: SN 315,000 - 330,000
    1990: SN 330,000 - 335,000
    1991: SN 335,000+

Admins, can we make this sticky, at least for a while?

[ June 30, 2003, 06:52 AM: Message edited by: PowerTube ]
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Re: Charvel import serial numbers inside....

Just so ya know... the numbers are off a bit. my 87 Model 3 has a 86 serial number.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotrodder:
      Just so ya know... the numbers are off a bit. my 87 Model 3 has a 86 serial number.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Just out of curiosity, how did you confirm yours as an `87? Not doubting you, just curious.

Comment

Yes, I have to agree. My 87 Model 2 has an "86" serial as well, *254XXX*

How do I know? Well, it has a JT6 trem.

But most importantly, I'm the original owner. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

[ June 30, 2003, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: 2Loud2Old ]

Comment

in no relation to the thread at all -

hotrod, your avatar pic just completely made me lost track of time for like 15 mins..

~E

Comment

illumina same here....

Comment

Yeah - a little off... after an extensive thread to positively ID my '89 275 Deluxe, it has a '90 serial number.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube:

Admins, can we make this sticky, at least for a while?
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think this is an excellent idea! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave-&gt;
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

My model 2 has an 86 number 246165 .

Comment

Just out of curiosity, how did you confirm yours as an `87? Not doubting you, just curious.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well it has an 86 serial according to the chart, but it has a jt6 trem. My Model 4 that I bought new in 87 has a higher SN. So I figure that my 3 is a 87.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotrodder:
                      Well it has an 86 serial according to the chart, but it has a jt6 trem. My Model 4 that I bought new in 87 has a higher SN. So I figure that my 3 is a 87.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Okay, that makes sense to me. Is there a more accurate chart out there, or are there lots of exceptions to these "rules?"

Comment

I suppose the exception clause goes something like this: "Like every other neck-plate serial No. to manufacturing date chart, this chart works except in those cases where it doesn't" [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

They'd get the serial No. stamped neck plates in batches, shove them into parts hoppers on the production line, and they'd get pulled out as and when needed with no emphasis on using them sequentially. Just like Fender in the 50's and 60's if you think about it[1]. It's no wonder that the odd neck plate or stack of neck plates would end up in the bottom corner or a parts bin for six months to a year after the rest of that batch were used. Definately long enough to spread over model or feature changes that deliniate periods of production.

Cheers - Steve K

1) Forrest White has been known to laugh out loud at the idea that you can accurately date a Fender guitar by the serial No.
                        Model 3
                        Model 5A
                        Model 3B
                        Journeyman
                        Custom Shop San Dimas s/n 8511

Comment

Okay, that makes sense to me. Is there a more accurate chart out there, or are there lots of exceptions to these "rules?"
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That chart came from the old ezboard. Really it's just a guess from the serial #'s people posted.

Maybe we should start the import Charvel serial number database up again? (I have the spread sheet here on my puter)

Comment

Working...
                          X