anyone recognize this charvel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone recognize this charvel?

I'm trying to figure out what year it is and possibly what model it is...
    http://omwresearch.pcplayground.com/...harvelshow.jpg

Re: anyone recognize this charvel?

I believe it's an early 90's DR3.

DAN (RHOADSFAN_74)

Comment

I know that body well - I'm in the middle of refinishing one right now - I'd say something from the "contemporary" series, like a 275,375,475... probably '89 or '90
      Someone will know for sure and I could be wrong, but I was looking for an excuse to check out my new avatar [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

It's a Predator in Firecrackle. 3DR's had the guitar logo. This is the same guitar except for that. I know for a fact they made Predators in Firecrackle, as I have seen others besides this one.
        Dana <~~~

[ June 23, 2003, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: guitarforceone ]
        '85 Rhoads Custom
        '86 SD Str*t
        '86 Model 4 (5)
        '87 Model 1
        '87 Model 6
        '88 Model 3DR
        '90 650 XL
        '94 KE-3
        '97 DR Amberburst
        '97 Dinky BOFlames
        '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

Looking through catalogue pages....

I'm pretty sure thats a 90-91 Predator.

Pickup config, headstock, hardware layout and 22 fret neck all seem to match.

Ya beat me to it Dana.. Nevermind. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ June 23, 2003, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: 2Loud2Old ]

Comment

Originally posted by TommyJ37:
            ISomeone will know for sure and I could be wrong, but I was looking for an excuse to check out my new avatar [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's very.... disturbing [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry 2loud...Hey, I haven't seen you on the Dean Forum lately...where you been?
              Dana &lt;~~~
              '85 Rhoads Custom
              '86 SD Str*t
              '86 Model 4 (5)
              '87 Model 1
              '87 Model 6
              '88 Model 3DR
              '90 650 XL
              '94 KE-3
              '97 DR Amberburst
              '97 Dinky BOFlames
              '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

Originally posted by guitarforceone:
                It's a Predator in Firecrackle. 3DR's had the guitar logo. This is the same guitar except for that. I know for a fact they made Predators in Firecrackle, as I have seen others besides this one.
                Dana &lt;~~~
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Are you sure you've seen other Predators (or 3DRs) in Firecrackle??? [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by guitarforceone:
                  Dana &lt;~~~
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Are you sure you've seen other Predators (or 3DRs) in Firecrackle??? [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Very Funny Todd! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Hope you're enjoying that thing. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                  Dana &lt;~~~
                  '85 Rhoads Custom
                  '86 SD Str*t
                  '86 Model 4 (5)
                  '87 Model 1
                  '87 Model 6
                  '88 Model 3DR
                  '90 650 XL
                  '94 KE-3
                  '97 DR Amberburst
                  '97 Dinky BOFlames
                  '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

Wow, so a predator it is then!!!!

Thanks guys for the help, I never knew what it was until now. I probably bought it 5 or 6 years ago. It shreds better than my new ESP M-1000. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Glad you like her... We love 'em here.

Yeah Dana, She's got a good home here. LOL Thanks again!!
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

I was looking for an excuse to check out my new avatar
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's very.... disturbing
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'd be offended if i didn't agree with ya... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I'll be searching around for something better...

So, what are the differences between, say, a 275 from a Predator? My 275 has the same body style / PU route as this Predator - I assume they're both basswood bodies - so just different finish and headstock options?

paying my propers... [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] you guys know your stuff...

Comment

I've got another Charvel that I bought about the same time as thas one. It has the same body shape, but 24 frets, same floyd-rose by schaller. But for the pickups, it is one single coil at the bridge (straight-across), and then two single coils right next to each other, but slanted. I replaced one of those bridge single coils with a duncan mini-screamin demon and that gives this little thing a ballsy tone. I love the playability on it. Again, rosewood fretboard with what feels like Jumbo frets, not Extra Jumbo. The neck is bolt-on maple just like the predator. Same hand-written Charvel logo on the headstock. I'll try and post a picture of it tomorrow.

Comment

That other guitar sounds like a 275, they had the slanted dual singles at the bridge from that series.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarforceone:
                              Sorry 2loud...Hey, I haven't seen you on the Dean Forum lately...where you been?
                              Dana &lt;~~~
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've been lurkin..

I don't own as many Deans as you so I have far less to say. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X