Questions on Model 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on Model 6

I just put money down on a Black Model 6 with a floyd type bridge and EMGs. Where can I find a replacement wammy bar for the floyd (JT-5 or JT-6 I think)? Can I replace the floyd with an original floyd without having to route it or anything?

Re: Questions on Model 6

An original Floyd Rose or even a Schaller Floyd Rose will drop right in. Since it's top-mounted there's no real worry about routing.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

[smartass mode] it is a JT6 [/smartass mode]

Harrald

Comment

The pop-in bar from an Ibanez Edge trem will fit right into a JT-6. Or you can always get a collared Floyd assembly to swap out instead of having the pop-in bar assembly altogether.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

You can find the collared assemblies at Stew Mac.

[ June 23, 2003, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
            The pop-in bar from an Ibanez Edge trem will fit right into a JT-6. Or you can always get a collared Floyd assembly to swap out instead of having the pop-in bar assembly altogether.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah, I noticed that as well. the bar from the JT6 that came with my charvel sucked, and I tried the one from my Ibanez, and it fitted exactly. I was something like [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Harrald

Comment

Working...
            X