Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 1A Before/After Project

Guys,

Here's some pics of my latest project - just a pickguard and pickup swap. Bridge pickup = Dimarzio Fast Track 2, middle pickup = Dimarzio Fast Track 1, neck pickup = Dimarzio Chopper.

"You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Re: Model 1A Before/After Project

Very nice! I bet that sounds great with those pickups huh? [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave->
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Nice guitar. I've got a 1A also (red/white guard). One question, why were there 3 knobs on the old set-up and only 2 on the new one?

Comment

Dave & TC:

Thanks for the compliments. Yeah, the pickups sound REAL good - they're single-coil size buckers, but I wasn't going for Strat-ish type tones - just something nice and meaty in a Strat-style guitar.

TC, I went with just a single volume and tone for simplicity. I've got a real Strat, and only ever use the volume knob. But I wanted an additional tone control in this case.

These Model 1A's are great players, and can be found real cheap on eBay. With a little bit of tweaking and a modest pickup investment, I've got a real screamer.
        "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

I agree, they are an excellent value and are made very well. As far as the extra tone knob, I also agree as it just gets in the way of everything. May I ask where you got the pickguard or did you make that yourself?

Dave->
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Dave:

The pickups came from www.gtrheaven.com, the rest of the components (pickguard, pots, switch) came from Warmouth. I found that the guitar's stock pickguard mounting screw placement was ever-so-slightly off on a few screws from that of the new pickguard, which is a standard Strat setup dimension-wise. Hence, a few of the screws went in at a bit of an angle, but it's not really a problem.

Comment

Sweet!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

When I changer the pick guard on my 1A I used a standard strat guard from the local music store. Most of the holes lined up perfect, but a few were off slightly. One did not line up at all so I had to use contact cement on the body/guard and use crazy glue to affix just the head of the screw. My pics are here:
                <a href="http://www.photos.yahoo.com/tcrockerusa" target="_blank">photos.
                yahoo.com/tcrockerusa</a>

if the link in the post doesn't work - photos.yahoo.com/tcrockerusa - then click on the TC Charvel folder

then click on

Comment

Very nice, stylish!

Comment

Thanks for all the compliments guys!

Comment

Working...
                    X