Replacing JT500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing JT500

It has come time for the JT500 in the DXMG to get replaced. One saddle is stripped where the locking screw clamps the string in & another one has a groove from the string, so the string pulls out. And I dont feel like spending $90 on saddles. So...
    Which Floyd Rose or Schaller, or Copy will fit the posts on a guitar equipped w/ a JT500?
    And yes I want to upgrade as opposed to just getting another JT500.
    KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
    I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

check the sticky thread, jackson1 did a whole thing on trems in there.

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Thanks Sully, I did check it, but apparently not well enough. I'll look thru it again.
      KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
      I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

You'll just be polishing a turd, IMO. I think you should get another DXMG, a 2002 or newer. They are made in Japan, have JT580s, and are a much-higher quality axe than your MII.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That maybe true, but the turd has been polished w/ EMGs & it plays & sounds great. Only problem I have had has been the trem. So might as well keep polishing the turd.
          On 2nd inspection I did not find any reference to replacement for JT500, unless it was implied in the pics of JT500, JT580, & JT590?

Comment

That's okay, H, I'd love to have my hands on a such a turd. I happen to think it's the shit.
            I'm not Ron!

Comment

Well I took some measurements:
              2 15/16 inches = width from between the center of the posts
              3 6/8 inches = base width
              3 1/8 inches = cavity route from fromt to back of trem

Comment

Without modifying the JT500 route, you can put either a Schaller Floyd or a used JT590. They both have the same shape and size as the JT500, the main difference is that they're made with better and harder materials.

Comment

Originally posted by agresivo
                  Without modifying the JT500 route, you can put either a Schaller Floyd or a used JT590. They both have the same shape and size as the JT500, the main difference is that they're made with better and harder materials.
                  +1, Schaller / JT590 (the same thing with "jackson" on it) is a drop in upgrade for the JT-500, seen quite a few Jap Performers with this mod that were really great axes from then on...

Comment

Thank you for the responses. And the search begins.

Comment

This one may still be available. Worth looking into anyway...

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...188#post699188

Comment

How come I just bot a Schaller Floyd for $55? Those things rock. Keep your eyes open.
                        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Fettster
                          How come I just bot a Schaller Floyd for $55? Those things rock. Keep your eyes open.
                          Because you bought a cheap crappy copy of a Schaller Floyd for $55, that's why.
                          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler
                            Because you bought a cheap crappy copy of a Schaller Floyd for $55, that's why.
                            Then why does it say; "Charvel" "Made in Germany by Schaller"? Smartypants.:ROTF:
                            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Turn yourself in. For that price you STOLE it! LOL! Good eye!! Great deal!!!
                              In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

Working...
                              X