Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys, need help ID'ing my guitar

Ok,

Strat body, rear routed. Single humbucker (currently EMG-81), One Volume, One Tone, 3 mini switches (disconnected). Currently has Kahler Pro topmount bridge, was originally routed for a Floyd of some sort.

I'm just wondering what model it is and what it would have gone for new.

I got it for $250 Canadian, with the OHSC, both in great condition.

Re: Hey guys, need help ID\'ing my guitar

Need a little more info, on the headstock, is the logo shaped like a guitar, or more like hand-writing?

Is it a bolt on or neck-through?

Comment

Volume, Tone, and 3 mini toggles with one humbucker?

Sounds like you have a heavily modified Model 4. I am assuming since you don't mention them, the single coil routings were covered up and painted over. (I know, I know, never assume...)

The pickup configuration for a single humbucker and a floyd style tremolo is a Model 2, but it only has a volume pot. The model 4 was HSS with the controls that you describe.
      Occupy JCF

Comment

Bolt-On, Guitar-style logo.

I guess the only way of figuring out if it was originally HSS would be to strip it.

Comment

True, but the indications of it being a Model 4 are there.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

It originally had a Floyd and now there's a Kahler on it?!? Uggghhhhh. [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

LOL... Yeah, it seems the previous owner did a job on it.

(sorry bubkus, think toejam is as much of a Floyd supporter as I am)
              Occupy JCF

Comment

you guys don't like Kahlers, I take it.

Thanks for the help

Comment

I dont know about calling it a model 4. It's alot of work to fill in 2 pickup holes and a pot hole.. if they did that much work why the hell didnt they fill in the mini switch holes?

Id say it's a model 2 with extra miniswitch holes, and a hole for the tone.

DUH I forgot to ad...

Dot or sharkfin inlays? a 4 that cam with a floyd woud have sharkfins.

[ June 19, 2003, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: Hotrodder ]

Comment

dots

Comment

It's a Model 2 then.

the extra holes for miniswitches could of been for a preamp, coil splitter whatever.

Comment

Thanks. So, what would they go for normally, new and used?

Comment

Originally posted by Hotrodder:
                          I dont know about calling it a model 4. It's alot of work to fill in 2 pickup holes and a pot hole.. if they did that much work why the hell didnt they fill in the mini switch holes?

Id say it's a model 2 with extra miniswitch holes, and a hole for the tone.

DUH I forgot to ad...

Dot or sharkfin inlays? a 4 that cam with a floyd woud have sharkfins.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">But why add 3 toggles that have no use whatsoever and a tone pot?? I can see just adding a tone pot, I've seen several Model 2s modded that way. What boggles my mind is the amount of useless work that someone put into it one way or another.

It could be either model. At this point, I'd even say the neck is suspect. The previous owner could have had a lot of parts laying around.

Let's just say it's a model 24... [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by Hotrodder:
                            It's a Model 2 then.

the extra holes for miniswitches could of been for a preamp, coil splitter whatever.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, aren't we Mr. Onthefence today? [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

Well now I think it could be a old 10 string Bïtch, with the body recut to look like a strat, and a import Charvel neck bolted on. that explains the holes for the mini switches. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Edited to stop the bad word filter [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

[ June 19, 2003, 11:49 PM: Message edited by: Hotrodder ]

Comment

Working...
                              X