jackson active electronics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackson active electronics

i just picked up a model 6 which has active jackson pups and i am going to toss some emgs in there. i am assuming that its already going to have 25k pots and a stereo jack, anyone want to confirm this for me?

(i havent got the guitar yet)

Re: jackson active electronics

also its an 87, so can someone tell me what licensed floyd is in there? i hear bad things about anything JT but i have a made in germany schaller in my fusion which is quite excellent.

Comment

Jackson has never made active pickups. They're passive, and the Model 6 has the JE1200 midboost with a stereo jack. I like the JT6 and think it's pretty good. I had an '87 Model 6 that was awesome, but it was a little on the heavy side. It's a poplar body with maple neck-thru. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Joe's right. The active circuit had two pot values: volume and mid boost were 50 K ohms each and the tone was 250 K ohm. If you remove the circuit, you'll need to add the EMG 25 K ohm pots. However, you can leave the circuit wired in and the EMG's will work completely normal with those pots. In fact, any pickup at all will indeed work nicely with the circuit.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

interesting. I did not know this about the active circuit and the pots. I knew the PU's were passive and there was a midbooster, but that was all

Comment

mjrvodka ...IF you are going to put EMG's in there, I will EITHER HORSE TRADE with ya, or OUTRIGHT BUY that middle pot with the JE1200 Midboost Circuitry from ya...You WON'T be able to USE it with EMG's, and I had to send the circuitry out of MY Model 4 to a buddy that needed it - like YESTERDAY for a gig...Let me know at [email protected]

Comment

Doc, if you buy the middle pot from him, you'll only get a tone control. The midboost is in the third pot on the Model 6. It's volume/tone/mid... unless you somehow have one that's got it reversed, or maybe the Model 4 is different. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[ June 18, 2003, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: toejam ]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

what's all that stuff about btw?
                you have to resolder all the wires anyway, and all EMGs come retail with pots in a box.
                so what's the deal with taking out this nut single pot-nut and replacing the pot?
                it's just a question of 30 seconds...
                tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                  Doc, if you buy the middle pot from him, you'll only get a tone control. The midboost is in the third pot on the Model 6. It's volume/tone/mid... unless you somehow have one that's got it reversed, or maybe the Model 4 is different. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Joe, your right. I have changed and replaced quite a few of these now and everyone has the circuit board(on the 1200 system) piggy-backed on the volume pot and the tone is in the middle and the mid-boost is on the other end. And yes, model 4's, 5's and 6's are all the same. So Doc, unless I'm mistaken, you actually want the volume pot that is attached to the board.

Dave-&gt;
                  Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Actually, Doc, you can indeed wire active EMG pickups into the Jackson active circuits. The Jackson mid boost is very similar to the EMG Pa thingamabob. But trust me, ANY pickup can be wired into the circuits, I've done it personally on at least five guitars.
                    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                    Gotta get away from here.
                    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

this stuff is all about the fact that i got emgs for 2 guitars off ebay at a nasty discount and i dont happen to have tons of 25k pots lying around and it would be nice to know how many to buy dont you think?

seeing as how there are no je1200 specs anywhere im going to mess with it when i get it and see if its something i want with the emgs. if i dont i will drop you a line doc.

Comment

The Jackson Electronics specs can be found here.
                        http://tinyurl.com/en1y

Comment

MY...I stand CORRECTED - TWICE !!! [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] @ Doc.......

Dave-&gt;
                            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

charvel750
                              Not EMG PA - EMG SPC(Strat Presence Control) - I have such in my model 6 because previous owner removed je1200. Main difference in middle frequence 1350Hz EMG against 650Hz je1200

Comment

Working...
                              X