ID?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID?

Hi there, I just stumbled upon this forum, and it seems this is the right place to come to in search of information about Charvels.

I've been offered a Charvel, but since I know next to nothing about them, I could use some help to ID it, and maybe tell me what it might be worth and when it's from. The serial is 259603.

Hope someone can help me!

Thanx,
    Thomas

Re: ID?

hmm, strange. it has an original logo on the headstock, but the body seems to me like a toothpaste guitar.

so it might be a 3 of 475 with an "new" neck of some sort of model 3 (if I'm correct there were made quit a lot of different types of the model 3)

anyway, it has an non original tremolo (schaller?), which is good! what is the prize the seller is asking?

harrald

[ June 12, 2003, 08:29 AM: Message edited by: guitar geek ]

Comment

Actually, the seller says the guitar he is selling isn't the one on the picture, but one like it... The trem on his is black, and he says it's Jackson (crap?). But otherwise they should be identical.
      He's asking what equals about 280$, but prices here (Denmark) and in the states can't really be compared I think, as prices here are generally much higher. It would be a fair (quite cheap actually) price here, considered it's a quality instrument, which I assume it is.
      I'm gonna check it out in person this weekend - do you have any advise on important issues to check out? Do you have any idea on when and where it might have been made?

Thanx again,
      Thomas

Comment

There were 3 versions of the Model 3
        Model 3 - strat body
        Model 3A - strat body
        Model 3DR - first dinky body, had shorter horns than current dinkys

The body in that picture looks like a strat body just taken at a goofy angle. (My eyes in my advanced age could be deceiving me though.) If this is the case then that is a Model 3 with a retrofitted Schaller tremolo in place of the stock JT-6. Worth? I'm gonna take a stab at 200-300. I wouldn't consider myself a reliable source what something is worth, if it's something I want I'll pay what I think is fair.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by Skaaning:
          Actually, the seller says the guitar he is selling isn't the one on the picture, but one like it... The trem on his is black, and he says it's Jackson (crap?). But otherwise they should be identical.
          He's asking what equals about 280$, but prices here (Denmark) and in the states can't really be compared I think, as prices here are generally much higher. It would be a fair (quite cheap actually) price here, considered it's a quality instrument, which I assume it is.
          I'm gonna check it out in person this weekend - do you have any advise on important issues to check out? Do you have any idea on when and where it might have been made?

Thanx again,
          Thomas
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hmm, the trem then is a JT6, which I consider to be crap, but some ppl over here like it. if it is a model 3, it is a quality guitar, so far it is a good deal. the one thing I would check out, is the tremolo, it it stays in tune, you have a nice deal. if not, don't take it. a new trem costs about 250 euro's (at least the schaller I am getting right now), as much as that guitar itself! so I consider that to be the decision point. otherwise: nice guitar! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Harrald

Comment

Ok, I'll keep that in mind. Thank you very much for the help, guys!

Thomas

Comment

Working...
            X