Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does string lock position affect action?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does string lock position affect action?

i noticed that there are two holes for each string lock on my floyd...if i have the string locks closer to the pickups will it lower the action more?

Are you talking about the 2 holes on the main plate for the saddle lock down screws? If so, the reason there are two holes is so that you have adjustability for and aft in order to position the saddle for correct intonation for each string. The saddles need to be placed according to intonation for each string, and no, moving them closer to the pickups won't lower the action. You lower action on a floyd by lowering the two screws that the plate pivots on.

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog
      Are you talking about the 2 holes on the main plate for the saddle lock down screws? If so, the reason there are two holes is so that you have adjustability for and aft in order to position the saddle for correct intonation for each string. The saddles need to be placed according to intonation for each string, and no, moving them closer to the pickups won't lower the action. You lower action on a floyd by lowering the two screws that the plate pivots on.
      +1 on all counts

Comment

+2
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

+3

Comment

+4

+1 on my posts count.
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment