Charvette neck on a Jackson KV body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvette neck on a Jackson KV body

Can someone tell me if a 22 fret Charvette neck would fit a Jackson King V Standard body(it`s supposed to be a 22 fret guitar)?
    What about the necks from Charvel guitars?
    And please, I really need your help, so don`t say:"why don`t you get a Jackson neck?".
    I live in a ****ty country you`ve probably never heard of, and my options are VERY limited.

Re: Charvette neck on a Jackson KV body

I was gonna say "Why don't you get a Charvette body.. " [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

As far as I know, as long as you use it on a body designed for 22 frets, you *should* be okay, scale-wise.

You may have to re-drill the neck mounting holes tho..

Comment

I thought KVs were 24-fret, but 'm not an expert on them. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

The only way to tell would be to try the neck in the pocket, or measure the dimensions of the pocket and the neck.
      Not even all Jackson necks of the sae scale and fret # are interchangeable.

I won't knock the neck; the Charvettes are dogged due to the plywood bodies and
      lowgrade hardware, but the neck is basically a Charvel-type neck; maybe less
      nice maple is used, but it should play well and stay in tune, which is what matters, eh?

Is the neck locally available, so you could put it in the pocket to check for fit?
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

agree with lerx, and i've not only heard of croatia, but i dated a chick from there once! man, she was hot, too. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Jsullysix, it`s a miracle that I`ve found someone who has heard of my country. And you`re right about that Croatian chick!! I`ve been in whole Europe, and our chicks are THE BEST.
          But let`s get to my issue. Unfortunatelly, I don`t have any necks around here. I was planning to get one off of e-bay,or something.
          I was asking about Charvette neck because I`ve heard somewhere that they were putting Charvette left over necks on Charvel Avengers(I have one of those). And my Avenger has a great neck. It`s perhapse the same neck as on my 375. And I presume that a Charvette neck would be cheaper than Charvel or jackson neck.
          But I don`t want to take off necks from my Charvels because I could never set it up properly again.

Comment

croatia.... well, I think most ppl know it: football, Goran Ivanisevic... don't underestimate yourself!

harrald

Comment

Hey, i like the Balkans, i'm originally from Macedonia. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

[ June 02, 2003, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: Gpops ]

Comment

Closest I got was Slovenia, during my European car trip in 2001.

Let's talk about Croatian gals now! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Let's form a JCF-sponsored Hot Croatian
                  Chicks' Immigration Fund, where we bring
                  'em over, put 'em up in a dorm-type setting, and educate them to the fact that JCF members are the elite of American society and thus the most eligible bachelors. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hey, it's just a dream I have! Of course
                  those beautiful South Slavic flowers will
                  be completely Americanized in about 2 years - then let them fly free and start over again! Everybody's happy! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Maybe we should start a "Croatian chicks" topic [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                    It`s like 50% of people know about my country nad 50%don`t. If they know about it, they know well about it. But if they don`t......I`ve been in Bratislava/Slovakia once and a guy in CD shop told:"is Croatia near Grece?". Well it`s at least 600 miles away. And you have from my town to Bratislava less than 200 miles!! And he doesn`t know where my country is [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
                    If some of you are interested in ultimate fight and K1, you`ll probably know about Cro Cop Filipovic. He kicked the **** out of that Bob Sapp.
                    I hope that one day Croatia will be known for good guitars and good Metal bands.
                    Hey, that guy that founded Lado guitars is Croatian.

Comment

Here's what I know about Croatia (feel free to make corrections):

*Capital is Zagreb.
                      *Predomnantly Roman Catholic.
                      *Worst enemy is Serbia.
                      *Formerly part of Yugoslavia Federation.
                      *First Yugoslav republic to declare independence of Serbian-ruled Yugoslavia.
                      *Successful war for independence inspired
                      Slovenia, Bosnia-Hercegovina and Macedonia to also become independent.
                      *HOT CHICKS!
                      *Growing underground metal scene.
                      *Shortage of Jackson necks.
                      *NO shortage of HOT CHICKS!

How's that so far? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Lerxtcat, you almost got it all [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                        You forgot the one last thing:
                        MORE GREAT LOOKING CHICKS!!

Comment

Working...
                        X