Help with trem needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with trem needed

I just bought myself a Jackson Ps-4 guitar. It's my first electric guitar. I think it's ok, at least for the price I paid for it (160 euros). One thing I really hate, though. The trem is a JT500, and the tremolo arm is what makes me mad. It rotates freely, and there's no way to tighten it or something, so that it would stay put where I would like it to be. [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img] Has anyone figured out a way to make it stay put? Otherwise I think the trem is pretty ok. I think it would be great if there was a way to secure the tremolo arm, I don't want to replace the whole trem because of that (at least yet).

Just noticed I posted in the wrong forum. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] Well, maybe I'll get it right next time.

[ May 29, 2003, 07:52 AM: Message edited by: patte ]

Re: Help with trem needed

I had one PS4 as well 2 years ago. believe it or not, I destroyed the tremolo, and IMO it sucks. I had the same problem as you have. there is nothing you can do about it (I am sorry). The only trems that do not have such problems, are the ones where the bar has to be clicked in (like the ibanez lo pro edge and the JT6)

Harrald

Comment

Just pull the shaft out and retrofit it with one for an Original Floyd with adjustable collar. That's what Jackson was doing to some of the JT500s at the factory anyway.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

not familiar with the JT500 (apart from it's reputation around here) but if you pop the cover off the spring cavity and have a look up inside it, you may see a screw directly under where the arm screws in. It probably doesn't have one, but if you're lucky and it does, you can use that screw to adjust the tension of the arm.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
        X